Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rewarded: Mini Golf

I took an entire week off from posting and 'catching up' on the blog. It felt good to take the break and now I'm ready to get back into the groove. I'll try to post once a day until I catch up. I'm down to the really big things (like Christmas, Thanksgiving, family visits) so we'll see how fast I can get them done.
In the  meantime, I have been busy with playgroups, the new Music Makers group (I got the idea from Shar and we are LOVING it, so much fun) and I started crocheting again & crafting some girly things.  I am having a lot of fun doing girl things, they'll be up in the shop soon for some spring time cuteness. 

The boys are also keeping me oh-so busy. We have fun every single day and they are just the sweetest, funniest, cutest guys I know. 
We started a new reward system, where they earn gems for helping, being kind, talking nicely, and obeying. It is working well, as long as Jeff & I remember to reward them. When we see a spike in negative behaviors we realize it usually correlates with us forgetting to give positive feedback regularly & reward them for good behavior. So we, as the adults, are working on that. 

The boys filled up their jars with gems (over the course of about 1.5 weeks) and earned a trip to Trafalga.
It was AWESOME!  They think golfing is the coolest thing ever and then to be under black lights for it, with neon under-sea stuff, well, it was pretty much perfect! 
We had a blast and loved treating our boys to a fun afternoon:

02.12.11

ps. I love Groupon & KSL deals. This was one of the deals of the day that we got & it has been totally worth it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love these cute little boys. They are growing up so fast. And I really like that baby carrier you are wearing! What kind is it?

Amy said...

I bought a special jar for 'gems' a few months ago and still haven't gotten around to buying gems. i need to do that so we can start fun rewards! :) looks like so much fun!

Ashley said...

Cute idea. I love calling them "gems." Can I get more specifics? Do they have their own jar each? I'm just wondering if they work together and when the jar is full they both get rewarded. If you're like me then you have one child who is more difficult and one who is more obedient. Their jars would fill at different rates and the one would have to wait forever for the other's jar to fill up. And do they loose gems for poor behavior? I'd love to know! We need something new around here. Thanks :)