Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Tavester

One of the very best parts of being a parent is watching your children's personalities grow & develop. 
Tave is one of the funniest, sweetest, craziest little guys- his personality makes me laugh every single day - I just love it.  The jump between 2 to 2.5 years is huge for me.  It seems that the babiness wears off and all of a sudden I have a preschooler on my hands.  It is scary how fast that change occurred with him, and what a big guy this little man is becoming. 
Luckily, I have him all to myself for at least a few more years.  And he sure loves a good snuggle, which always makes this mama happy. 


Tave waiting for dinner.
Something that Tave does that makes me smile every time, is how he waits for dinner.  The minute he sees me head to the kitchen to begin the dinner prep, he heads straight to his chair.  He climbs into it and just watches.  I try to tell him that dinner isn't even close, that it will still take a looong time to be all done baking (or whatever it needs) but he just snuggles in with his blankie and sits it out. It is so nice to have his little company, just watching and listening and waiting oh so patiently for dinner to be done.  He is such a busy-body that I never would have thought  sitting and waiting would have been an activity he would do so well (and anywhere else, this is not the case).  But this latest development in his growth &  skills (becase patience is most definitely a skill)  has reminded me that there are so many good and sweet things that come with my babies growing up.  The conversations I have with them, hearing them say how much they love me, and watching them grow in their love for each other are just a few of the things that make this whole 'growing up' thing sort of okay.

A recent conversation with Tave:

Me- Tave you are so silly
Tave - I'm not silly mama
M - Then you are so cute!
T - No! I'm not cute
M - Okay, Tave, what are you?
T- I'm not silly and I'm not cute, I'm Tavester.
M- Yes, Tavester, yes you are.

LOVE him

No comments: