Monday, August 11, 2008

We've been Tent-ed

The Tent: a poem

It came on his second birthday:
The tent.
From grandparents who thought-
Fun tent!
It sat in the closet for months
Poor tent.
Until his mom remembered,
'Ahh, tent!
He'd love a new summer toy.'
Go tent!
He stared at the jumble of pieces:
What- tent?
And watched as dad put it together-
Big tent.
Jumping and running ensued
Great tent.
Then hiding and seeking refuge
Safe tent.
One minute sitting and reading contently
Calm tent.
Then jumping and clapping and dancing
Loud tent.
New adventures to discover
Brave tent.
Always laughter and giggles and smiles
My tent.

Thanks for the tent, mom & dad! He LOVES it!!! We play in it every day!

And here is Tave, keeping an eye on the tent madness!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Ooooh, looks like fun times for sure!

Cassi said...

What cute little boys!!! And I love the tent poem!
Thanks so much for the book recommendations! I got The Thief from the library, I'll let you know what I think! :)

ashley marie said...

I think I want to get a tent for myself. It looks fun! I was pronouncing it right (Tave's name) but I was wondering if maybe you were saying it differently and I was just being retarded. The only other way to pronounce it (I was thinking) was to say it like Tah-v ... like starve without the 's' and 'r,' does that make sense? It's hard to explain without actually saying it. The way you say it is MUCH better than my 'alternate' version, and I'm glad that's how you're saying it!!

lnkmom said...

Tents are great fun at our house too! Jeff was so nice to give you the day off so you could read your new book! (I still haven't found the desire to start that series...)

Tave is getting so big! I'm glad I got to see him and learn how to say his name!

Thanks for your memory of me, I glad someone thinks I have patience!

ashley marie said...

by the way, the names I'm running by Joe are:
pirate, magenta, warning, and lucky
Weren't those the ones you really liked?

Amanda said...

what a fun idea! I'm sure Cole would love that too. And Tave looks so big! I just love his eyes.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

That is so cute. I love your poem!! Jack has a tent too and I'm not sure who likes it more, Lane or Jack! It must be a guy thing.

nathan said...

cute tent. That would be the perfect gift for these 2 year olds! Tave is getting so big, he is so cute!!! so cute.
umm so breaking dawn...It took me a while longer to read it sadly- but I was curious what you thought- so I came to your blog :) I was sad to see that many people didn't like it, I liked it-some twists I didn't think she would take, and some things I didn't like...but good huh. I wish wish wish I was there to really talk to you about it. anyway= I hope you are doing good!! take care