Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Shar!!!!


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAR!!!


Last year for her (our) birthday I shed a little light on the 'twin' phenomenon.
The twin phenomenon being: what it is like to be a twin and the perks (& non-perks) that come with it. (I don't know how to link to it...so it's under August 2007 if you care to read it)
This year, I want to shed some light on the 'friend' phenomenon.
Let me explain:

Shar is my sister. She had no choice in the matter. Neither of us did, or at least, that we can remember! But being a
friend, well, we ALL have a choice in that!

I am so grateful to have a sister who makes the effort to be my friend. Here are a few of the things that make her such a fabulous friend:



  • She listens. Any time. Any where. She cares to hear what I have to say and lets me talk to my heart's content.
  • On the other side of that: she offers fantastic advice. And it is usually SO great because she can be objective. A very wonderful quality in a friend.
  • Me and my family are important to her: she loves to play with the boys and is so great with them!!
  • She shows me, by her actions, how much she cares.
  • She takes time out of her busy busy schedule to do things with me & my kids. For any of who know what the Five Languages of Love are - quality time is DEFINITELY one of mine! And for any of you who know Shar, you know how much this means!!!
  • She makes me laugh. Whether it is silly faces, funny stories, or just plain hilarious antics, she is great. I always leave her presence with a smile on my face!
  • She has the ability to 'hear me out' and then tell me to 'knock it off' if I need to get over things. Wow. Seriously needed every so often!
  • She inspires me with her writing and encourages me to write my own stories.
  • When she finds a great sale- she calls me right away.
  • We share the same crazy, fun obsessions over books, cute clothes, jewelry, and Twilight!
  • She calls at random times just to say hi and let me know she's thinking about me.
  • She initiates getting together!!!
  • We can still have sleep overs where we laugh, cry, and have a blast together!
  • She understands the things I don't say...
  • She makes sure that every bit of our time spent *living by each other* is filled with the best memories to make up for those times when we won't.
  • She always has my best interest at heart!
  • She knows me and still loves me.

I think the best part about our 'friendship' is that we both care and we both show each other we care. For me, that is what it's all about!

I love you, Shar! Happy Birthday!
Here's to many more birthdays~ how lucky we are to share them!

I have noticed: since Shar & I live so close to each other and see one another often, pictures of us together have become non-existent. Why take pictures together when we have such cute kiddos, right?! And those photo-op moments just don't seem that important because, well, we'll see each other next week. I am regretting that attitude. I want a picture with my sister. So. That is on order for today. I will post it when I get it.





3 comments:

Shar said...

Sob sniff sob sniff. You made me cry. That was awesome. I knew I shouldn't have read that until I finished writing mine. I love you, Nic. You're the best. 'nuff said.

Stephanie said...

Wow, you two make me jealous! Makes me wish I had a sister, but at least I have good friends like you two. I have to agree, Shar is pretty great. So are you. I hope you both had a great birthday. I can't believe we are all turning 28!

Lori said...

I'm totally diggin' all of the love on your blog today. Three cheers for sisters ( i dont have a twin, but this post convinces me i'm missing out).