Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our latest adventures!

VIDEOS: for those of you wondering where they are: they are below this post. So scroll down and you will find one of each of the boys. Enjoy!

I can't believe August is already half over. Where did the time go???! I honestly thought life would slow down in the summer...HA. I learned my lesson! It has been so much fun, though and we really are having such a blast! Here are some of the fun things we've been up to since I last posted:

Hiking!
We went on a hike with Jeff's co-workers and their families. He teaches with 2 other men and they are so wonderful! We loved getting to know their families and having such a fun time together. Both families have 5 children and it was just SO much fun to see how they interact, how they look alike/different, and to be with kids who talked with me. I have so much to look forward to in the coming years with my kiddos! (I am definitely cherishing these early years, though, so don't worry-- I am LOVING every step of the way!) This hike was beautiful and just right for our little family! Thank you Mike & Chris!!


This is how we hiked up...I don't know what we'll do when the kids outnumber us...I guess by then Weston will HAVE to walk. :) He LOVED being on Dad's back and didn't want to get out!



The whole crew, minus Natalie, who took the picture. Thanks Natalie!


I absolutely LOVE this picture. LOVE it!



Tave was asleep by the time we reached the waterfall...sweet boy, he was perfect the entire time!

Sleepover!!!
Kapria and Shar spent the night last Friday since Trav was on a campout with the young men. Jeff was busy busy busy with his school work, so it was just us and the kiddos. It was so much fun to have them over and we had a pretty hilarious bathtime with Kapria and Weston. We got a funny video, but at the very end Weston decided to stand up, thus making the video X-rated for the internet! Sorry. :)

After we FINALLY got the kiddos to bed (they were very thrilled to be together and couldn't get to sleep on time) we had a fun girls night of movies and talking. I was reminded, again, of how much I love my sister. I am so lucky to have her in my life and to live close by her. It would have been even more perfect if Chels was there!

Here are some bathtime shots:





Swimming with Evie!!!


Weston adores Evie. I think he seriously has a crush. He talks about her ALL the time and asks if we're going to see her on a daily basis. I wish we lived a little bit closer! We have so much fun when we get to hang out with Evie & Al. Thanks for having us over to swim!!!


Pool time. Love it!


In Evie's swim floaties. He couldn't quite decide if he liked them or not.


Sun bathing beauties. Too funny.

Brothers

Weston LOVES to sit with Tave when he is on the playmat. And this is the funny look we get when we ask him to say cheese:


This adorable outfit is from Katie, Nate, & the boys. Thanks!!!! We LOVE It. He will wear this to church every Sunday until it's too small. I just love it!

Bed!
That's right, Weston is in a bed. Kind of. We had this in his room when Annie & Family was here. Joshua was supposed to sleep in it..but things didn't work out that way. SO, Weston decided he would. All. On. His. Own. And that was that. He would end up playing more than normal and wake up scared some nights, but overall he did great. We had to move it back into the office when Shar spent the night and so he's been back in his crib. Which isn't a bad thing-- he sleeps better and longer in his crib. So I'm okay holding off on the bed, unless, of course, he climbs out again.


Ostler Family Visit!
We had so much fun with Annie, the Joshes, & Aloria. Sweet little Aloria is just a doll (6 weeks younger than Tave) and it was so fun to see the older boys play together. They had a hard time sharing (most 2 year olds do!) but overall did great. It was tons of fun to see Annie again and we felt so lucky that they stayed with us! We had a blast hanging out with all of our college friends at the little reunion/celebration. Thanks Annie & Josh for a great weekend!

I don't have many pics from the weekend. You can check out more cute pictures of the boys on Annie's blog here. And reunion pics on Shar's blog here. Have fun!


Isn't she SO precious!


The boys really liked the stairs, it was pretty cute to see them playing on them.
And, yes, they really did get in some brawls- as evidenced in the picture to the right. We, of course, broke them up quickly, but it was pretty funny to watch. They can both hold their own really well!







Daddy time!
So someone gave me this sling thinking I was having a girl. Oh well...it's still cute and I'll be able to pass it on to someone who really has a girl, or save it for when I do. We tried it out. Tave didn't like when he was being put inside but then he was all cozy and fell asleep. Too cute. He has since boycotted the sling, but it was cute while it lasted! I love that Jeff always loves to 'wear' the kids, whether it's in a sling, a backpack, or the baby bjorn. I have such a good husband!


Thanks for taking a peek at our lives! We love you all!

Upcoming posts:
  • Tave: 3 months old
  • Tave's announcement (I know I'm a little late, but we had a CRAZY busy summer!)
  • And maybe I'll sneek a few more videos in very soon!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my seeing Weston and Kapria in the bathtub sure reminds me of when Shar NAKED!!! I do have pictures somewhere.... when Stef was here this summer she could not find them... She and Christy looked all thru the BOXES and Boxes of family photos but could not find them.... someone must have told her about them.... I don't think it was me... but who knows I am a Nana now and I am getting old.... heee hee a new excuse for me being ditzy!! I'll take it!!

CrAzY aUnt MeG

Meg said...

Ooops part of my message dissapeard... it was suppose to say Shar and Nic and Curtis NAKED... Swimming in the little pool outside in my back yard... way back When.... SORRY Shar you weren't alone!!

Awesome Aunt Meg...

Stephanie said...

I love all the pictures. It is fun to see what you are up to. Looks like you've been busy. And you are so good about getting pictures of it! Tave is getting so big! You have such cute boys!

Lori said...

Too many cute pics! I love the hike ones especially. Glad to see you're all doing so well.

Shar said...

WOW! A lot going on. I didn't know you went on that hike. it looked like a lot of fun! where did you go?

VERY fun weekened when Kapria and I spent the night. loved it.

WEston is such a big boy in a bed! Crazy that he's old enough for that.

Love the sling! You can share over here :)

Shar said...

I just read Meg's comment. Ha ha ha! I've seen those pictures somewhere. I know mom has some of them packed in a box somewhere. Good times. he he.