Weston loves bugs. He picks them up all the time. I mean, what's not to love: they're cute and cuddly and adorable- right?! RIIIIIIGHT.
I have warned him not to pick up some bugs... well all bugs really, but especially bees and wasps. You're getting where I'm going with this, right....
Crying, then a soft wimper, "Ouch. Mommy, ouch."
Here's where I spot the dozen or so wasps hanging out by the bench.
Mommy: "Weston did you pick up a bee?" (coincidentally he calls all bugs, bee...)
Weston: "Shesh" (this means yes)
Mommy: "Oh! Bees hurt, we don't pick up bees."
Weston: "hurt. Owww." (and thinking to himself: NOW you tell me)
After we washed it he wouldn't let anyone touch it.
And this morning: good as new.
Overall, he was a very tough kid.
I was so impressed.
Way to go Weston!
I had no idea what to do with a toddler wasp sting. I immediately googled it and found some good info here. Hopefully no one else will ever need it!
11 comments:
That sounds so sad! Sorry Weston!! I am loving the curly the longer curly hair!!!
That was so fun to read through all of your posts. Poor little Weston, hopefully he will stop picking up bees. You boys are so handsome. What a sweet b-day present from Jeff. What a good man. Love the picture of Evie and Weston too. Glad you guys are doing well. Can't wait to see Tave's announcement. He is getting so big.
wow, he sounds like a trooper!! Boston touched a pot on the stove the other day (even though I told him multiple times THAT DAY not too) and he was walking around with his finger straight out for the next hour. Guess that's how they learn, right?
Poor Weston! He looks so cute with the curly hair! I didn't know his hair had that much curl in it. I'm so excited to come and see everyone!
Very cute hair. :) Sorry about the bee sting--they hurt enough for grown ups, I can't imagine how badly for a kid!
OUCH! Oh my goodness, the wasps around here scare me to death. Weston is so tough! :) Poor guy.
I love reading all your blogs! You're like the posting queen. Way to go! Did you see my new Breaking Dawn post?
Liam just got his first bee sting this weekend. No fun!
Liam just got his first bee sting this weekend. No fun!
Poor guy! I was stung twice in about the same spot. It hurt a lot. Sounds like he was pretty tough.
oh sadness.... his curly hair is too cute though.
i love that he shows off his bee sting...oh every time we see him. It pays to get hurt - then you can brag to the ladies. :)
Post a Comment