Monday, August 04, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Got it, Read it, LOVED it!!!!


Got it: 12:15 a.m. August 2nd*. Yes, we went to the release party!
Read it: In aprox. 12.5 hours**
Loved it: I won't give anything away, but it was VERY interesting. She added some cool twists...there were a few things I was dissapointed in...but OVERALL it got 9 out of 10 stars from me. Awesome. Great end to a FABULOUS saga! I am always so sad when a well-loved book comes to an end. Goodbye to those wonderful characters who jumped off the page and into my life. I will miss them!



*My cute friend, Heidi was 10th, yes you read right 10th, in line to get her book. SOOOOO, she was awesome, awesome, awesome and bought mine and Shar's for us too! THANK YOU Heidi!!!
(We were # 893 & 894 in line....so she saved us LOTS of waiting time!!!!)



** Okay, here is the entire reason WHY I was able to read it in 12.5 hours:


My sweet, sweet husband took BOTH our kiddos most of the day so I could read!
Here is a letter he gave me AFTER he had already spent about 3-4 hours with Weston (and Tave off & on...I still had to nurse and be a mom sometimes!)

Happy early Birthday!

  • You are hereby banned from this home from the hours of 3 pm to 7 pm, Saturday August 02, 2008
  • You are to take nothing with you other than Breaking Dawn, the picnic basket, and a blanket
  • You are not allowed to look in the basket until you have arrived at your location
  • You may choose any park that will provide the desired atmosphere for romantic, vampire reading...
  • You may decide to have dinner delivered or to eat when you get home
  • If you have an additional questions, you may ask the head-over-heels in love with you man who gave you this envelope.
I love you,
Jeff

Wonderful, fantastic, awesome, perfect early Birthday present! Thank you, Babe!!! It was so fun and so relaxing to have a day to myself!!! (and the picnic basket was full of all my favorite treats!) Am I spoiled, or what?!
I did get some late night reading in too! I am obsessed, what can I say!


13 comments:

Crystal said...

So...I'm really undecided on whether to read Breaking Dawn. At church on Sunday two of our young women said that they stopped reading it because it made them feel so uncomfortable. On one hand it makes me not want to read it just to show Stephanie Meyer that I'm ticked, but on the other hand I want to read it just to see how bad it is so I can tell the other girls whether it's truly inappropriate or not. I know you loved the book, but from the stand point of what's good for my young women, I'd desperately appreciate your opinion. Spanks! -Crystal

Cassi said...

What a sweet husband!!
Oh I'm so glad to hear that you loved it!!! I saw on someone else's blog that they hated it! I have about 300 pages left and it's crazy so far but fun! Very different than the other 3!
I'm definitely curious to hear what things you were dissapointed by!

Taryn said...

That is so sweet of Jeff! What a fun and creative gift and so nice to have some designated time to yourself! I have yet to get my hands on a Breaking Dawn book, but am looking forward to reading it.

Stephanie said...

What a great guy! I am still working at finishing it. Brett is patiently waiting so he can read it, too. I'm kind of sad I didn't go with you to the release party, but kind of glad I missed the craziness! I couldn't believe how trashed Barnes and Noble was when I went at 9 am Saturday. I'm interested to talk to you about the book since, although I have loved it, it hasn't been what I expected. Only 100 pages left to go...

Noelle said...

that's very sweet. You have a winner husband! I'm glad you liked the book--I have yet to get my hands on a copy.

Cassi said...

OK I'm done!! And I definitely want to chat! No one around here has even started it yet! What were you dissapointed by? You can email me if that's easier than commenting back and forth! :)

ashley marie said...

Jeff should get 10 out of 10 stars. That was very nice and thoughtful of him!! I'll probably get around to reading this book I'm hoping by the end of the year. Isn't that ridiculous? Oh well...

Debbie and Bobby said...

What a sweet husband!

April Austin said...

Alright, I just blogged about this. I gotta admit, I was more disappointed than wowed. I just thought she could have done a much better job with it. I loved the vampire traits, but that's just about it.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

So I think we need to talk about this! I just finished it and I am still torn about it. I loved it, but I didn't at the same time. When I get back we need to talk!

Heidi said...

Oh my! That was so awesome of Jeff!! And I'm glad you posted pictures! How cool!! It was so rad to see you there! So I finished mine sometime Saturday afternoon. I guess I can sum it up by saying that it wasn't my FAVORITE book out of the 4, but I was so glad that she tied up all the loose ends. Let's get together and chat about it, soon. :) Still waiting on my ring. As soon as I get it, I'm bringing it over!

Shar said...

Way to go, Jeff! That is the coolest birthday present. A day to READ - and not be allowed to do anything else. Awesome.

I know we've talked about the book a lot already, but I think it's interesting that even though a lot of people don't like it, there is so much to discuss.

to answer Crystal's question - I can see why your young women were uncomfortable. While Stephenie didn't go into explicit detail with her love scenes, Bella definitely obsesses over that plus of marriage...enough so that I got tired of reading about it and it even made me uncomfortable. I have Beehives that read these books, and I would NOT recommend this one for them. Well, honestly I don't think I would recommend any of these for 12 year olds. The whole saga is YA, which is generally for older teens. but this last book is definitely for adults, even though it will be read by thousands of teenagers. I think so many of them are appalled/disgusted/uncomfortable with the direction Bella's life took in this 4th book because it's not appropriate reading for teenagers at all. I am having a hard time with how I feel about the genre of the book, because I can see how Bella's character grew to the point where she was ready for these things to happen. But the teenagers reading the story did not grow the same way, nor should they. Anyway, just some thoughts I have about it. Not sure if that helped!

ashley marie said...

I love that you were willing to make 3 separate comments! I am excited to check out all of those sites and run some of those names you suggested by Joe. I get frustrated with Joe because he'll say no but won't offer up any names himself...
Thanks again for all your comments!!! Oh, and I wanted to know how you pronounce Tave. I think I am saying it right, but I could be wrong :)