Friday, August 22, 2008

Birthday Bash!!!

My 28th Birthday was a success! For those of you who know me well...you know that birthdays are a pretty big deal. After all- it is the only day out of the entire year that is yours. It's your day to have fun, celebrate, do things you enjoy, and be treated special!!! Not only do I love my day, but I love celebrating other people's days too! (so if you feel like your birthday isn't quite exciting enough, call me and I will make it extra special!!!)

My parents were always amazing with birthdays: the day was YOURS and it was the day when you were treated so SPECIAL. We didn't have to clean, help with dishes, or do anything un-fun! We got our own special birthday cereal, we got to pick what we did that day, and then we had our favorite meal for dinner. Party-ing was always a must and my mom did the most fabulous birthday cakes and desserts. I think because Shar and I always shared a birthday, they tried extra hard to make sure it was a special day for both of us. (I want to make sure that my kids love and remember their birthdays as a special, special day as well!! )
Which is why it means so much when people make that extra effort to say Happy Birthday and do something special for me on my (and Shar's) day!
Thanks to everyone who made it great. I loved all of the phone calls, emails, blog comments, and a BIG HUGE thank you to our babysitters. They were already watching Kapria, but took on Weston as well so that we could have a fun evening together. (And they were even willing to take Tave, too, but we didn't want them to hate us...haha)

I was most definitely spoiled... we went to Wicked back in February for my birthday, and then Jeff gave me that most awesome of days to READ a few weeks ago. Which were fabulous, wonderful presents.
Jeff really wanted to make sure the actual day was a great one since my gifts were given quite awhile ago. He was a little worried we weren't going to get to go out, but he (and Al & Greg) pulled through in the end!!! The day was perfect!!
Here's the play-by-play of my special day:

I woke up to a fun birthday sign and my very favorite birthday cereal. Sadly, Jeff had to work. But he did sing to me before he left!

I went on a jog with my boys, because I am starting this year out right!

Then, in true birthday fashion, I ate whatever I wanted the rest of the day. HA! My sweet little boys were just dying to take me to Wendy's for my birthday. (hey, they are on a budget, here, what with no jobs of their own!) We had tons of fun together!!!
Please note Weston's sweet sticker (tatoo). He LOVES it. Thanks Al & Greg!


I love my boys. What fun kiddos to spend my day with!


Shar, Trav, Jeff & I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner.
I am in LOVE. I had never been before and it was delish.
LOVE the bbq chicken salad. Mouth watering.
And these sundaes were free!! wahoo! I love birthdays!



Then we were off to rock out at Shar & Trav's house. We love Rock Band!!


Tave thought we were all just a little bit strange! But he was just perfect anyways!
(on a side note, he can now grab his binky, how cute is that?!)


Shar & Trav.
Thanks, guys, for the fabulous night! We had so much fun and can't wait to get our groove on again. :P

All in all, a wonderful birthday.

ps. a little bird told me that some sort of email was sent out...hmmm... wonder WHO could have sent that?! I have my suspions...
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. They made my day!

6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Happy Birthday Nicole. I hope you had a great one and things are just rockin in your life. We are hoping to make it down for a BYU football game this fall sometime, we should try and get together then. Talk to you soon.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

It sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! I think I will have to try your idea to eat whatever I want all day long! I also love the birthday cereal. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good one and we should try to get together sometime soon.

Lori said...

Yay! Happy birthday, it looks like you were treated right!

Meg said...

A little bird peeped did it...hmm sounds like we need to have a little bird BBQ!!

I enjoyed the talking you Nic... I know your day was busy with the phone ringing and ringing...I didn't get Shar so she had to put up with my singing over a voice mail... next time she WILL answer the phone rather than listen to me sign!!

And I started Twilight and I am having a hard time putting it down... thanks for the GREAT review!!

lnkmom said...

Happy Birthday, far too late!

Glad you celebrated it with your cute family! Is "Wicked" amazing? I have yet to see it! (Maybe you should come visit and we could drive down to NYC...)

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! I love reading your "play-by-play". You are such a fun sister in law and such a great example! Can't wait to see you... whenever that may be.