Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thanks Mom!!!

Moms (and grandmas) are fantastic. My mom especially. I am incredibly grateful to her for coming to stay with us and for extending her stay since Tave was late. Between her and Jeff I was WELL taken care of! They were both so amazing and wonderful. Jeff will get an awesome post later...for now this is for my mom. :)
She left on Sunday and I was so sad. Those first few days without someone there to help are always a little bit scary. Today is going great, so far, so apparently I am managing. I hate to see what happens, though, when the kiddos realize I am outnumbered. haha.

Here are a few of the reasons why I love her and just to show you all how awesome she is:

  • She came to stay with us for 17 whole days!
  • She cooked meals
  • Cleaned my bathrooms...thank you thank you thank you
  • Helped me keep the house in decent shape
  • Woke up with Weston in the morning so we could sleep in a little bit longer
  • Took Weston on jogs, walks, and out to play
  • Watched the boys for us so we could go on a quick date
  • Constantly had whichever boy I wasn't dealing with at the moment
  • Offered to take Tave in the middle of the night...why I never took you up on it, I have NO idea...
  • Played games, talked, hung out, and was just an awesome awesome awesome Mom & Grandma!
I know there are a million other things you helped us with that I can't think of at the moment, but just know that you were very very very appreciated and loved!!
We love and miss you lots Lots LOTS!!


Mom with all of her adorable grandkiddos!
Kapria, Syanne, Mom, Tave, Weston
What a cute bunch!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Grandmas really are the greatest. Your mom looks really good.

nathan said...

I agree with you- you cherish the sweet baby (the first months) so much more than with the first baby. I'm not so anxious and excited anticipating what the next stage will bring. I just hope this one will never pass. I love love love love the picture of Tave with your mom. just the two of them and Taves adorable face. he is so cute, Nic! Lastly- did you finish Host during labor?? I finished it a while ago, I'm curious on your opinion!!

nathan said...

haha, ok so I only read the first post and left a comment, then I thought- that you might have wrote more and checked (duh, me) the ants make me laugh- oh the things that I have to look forward too. he he and I loved reading your birthing story. I'm sorry if that is weird. You had a lot of labor! and man I can't believe how late he was. none-the-less its cute, and I'm glad he is here safe!

Shar said...

It really is awesome to have mom stay so long, isn't it? I think I will cry if it can't happen again with the next. Maybe if we hire her for a job?! We love you, mom. you're a lifesaver!!

Unknown said...

love it karen, you never look old enough to have had your kids, you sure don't look like these grandkids belong to you! they are darling...charity

lnkmom said...

What great updates! Your boys are so adorable!

I'm glad your mom was able to stay for so long (my mom did the same w/ all my kids). I totally agree that Moms are THE BEST!!!!!

We are coming to your neck of the woods next week, I'd really love to come meet your boys (and see you again)!

Amanda said...

I am so glad your mom was able to stay so long and help! You are one lucky girl...

greg & allyson said...

These are all such darling pics and posts! How in the world are you being a mother of 2 and keeping up with blogging?! I guess I better step it up. We need to get together soon!

Karen said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments! I'm so glad that I am able to come and help. I wish it could be longer. Or better yet, just live by me and I can help all the time! I love the picture where Tave is sucking his finger. Is he still doing that?

Phillips Family said...

I wish my mom would come and stay with me and clean up and cook for me, despite not having any children, I think it would be nice. Maybe I should just have some kids and then I could induce my mom into coming and doing those things...hmmm, I had better conspire with my wife.

Callie said...

Yeah! Congrats! Tave is such a handsome boy. Wish we were there to see him and hold him!