Airplane ride: Jetblue is awesome. Straight flight there+ own t.v. + great snacks= one happy momma. Weston did great (most of the time) here is proof:
He was so excited to get off the plane and just ran and ran and ran around the airport. My mom was so great to follow him around and they had a blast playing catch while I waited for the luggage. Oh..I already miss my mom after looking at this picture!!!
Why I love CA:
Do you notice ANY snow??? NO, it was sunny, beautiful and we were able to go on walks in the jogger again. (my bladder won't let me jog!) I just loved this pic of cute little West exploring the Marler's house!
Oceanside Beach: I LOVE the beach. I love love love love love it!!! Weston and I flew to CA on Tues. night and then Jeff met us there Thurs. night. We went to the beach on Fri and it was very chilly and windy, but SO worth the trip. You can't go to CA and not go to the beach. It's a rule. My rule. and I. DO. NOT. break. it!
We walked down the pier (above) and had dinner at Rubies Diner. It was great food (thanks mom and dad) and Weston ate more than he has EVER eaten at a restaurant. He also got the biggest kick out of Mckenon. They had such a blast together! (below)
Bates Nut Farm: We took Weston to Bate's on Sat. morning. It's a small place in Valley Center and the best part is that it's free! We got to feed sheep, ducks, geese, ostrich, & goats. The geese were SO loud...they scared West but it was a fun little trip.
Such a cute little baby goat! He licked my fingers! So cute. Weston was still a little scared!
Driving with Grandpa is always a favorite!
We drove down to the ranch (for those of you who don't know, the ranch was burned pretty much completely in the fires in Oct. you can look at my October posts to read more about what happened with my family)
It was amazing to me to see nature's ability to heal itself. It was already so green and while it was definitely NOT what it was before, it truly was beautiful to see.
Wicked the Musical!!!! It's true...Jeff and I were FINALLY able to see Wicked performed in LA!! I fell in love with this musical about 2 1/2 years ago and have since had many friends and family members see it. We were planning to see it the summer of June 2006, but Weston was born, and well...that was a little more important! So now it was our turn!! My parents were awesome and watched Weston for us for the night. We drove a stressful few hours to LA (for those of you going there.. traffic is CRAZY and give yourself at least 2 hours more than you think you'll need!) but it was SO worth it. I can't even say enough how amazing and fantastic it was. It definitely exceeded my already VERY high expectations. Sigh. I LOVED IT!!! Thanks babe, for the early b-day present!
Wild Animal Park: My mom and I took Weston to the Wild Animal Park. It was so fun to see him recognize the animals. It was especially fun since he can make animal noises now!! Here they are watching the gorillas. :)
We took Weston to the Petting Kraal at the park. He was a little timid at first, but that didn't last long. The deer (are they deer?) were so sweet and friendly. He loved it!
His favorite part of the entire park was: the hot air balloon. Surprise! He watched it every time it went up and down!
Just Hanging Out:
Some of the best moments were just hanging out with the family. Weston loved playing with Mckenon. And he loved his guitar!
He thought my dad's whiskers were so funny. Any time my dad gave him kisses, he just cracked up. It was so fun to watch! (I didn't mean to make these so small...oops!)
Me & Mckenon just chillin. I love this kid. He is so fun and does so well at everything he tries. We miss you Mckenon!
Visiting Grandpa at work: Our last day in CA we visited my dad's job site (he's building a fire station) and went out to lunch. It was a fun afternoon, and as you can tell, VERY sunny! I love the look on West's face in this pic:
15 comments:
AHH, I am SO jealous! I want to see Wicked so bad. I did not like the book, but I love the music, and my lucky sisters all tell me the musical is awesome! It sounds like you had a really fun trip!
I loved all the pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I am jealous for so many reasons, but mostly the no snow. I'm sick of it! Weston is so cute and at such a fun age. I'm glad you're back so we can hang out...when we are feeling better that is.
Oh my gosh - where do I start? First, I am jealous you got the jetblue flights. I am never buying tickets - even on a ding deal - until I check out EVERY airline first. We're flying next week...and though our flight was $10 cheaper, having a layover with an infant is not worth the savings. I should have checked around. oh well!
Next - seeing these pics made me so excited to go next week! And while we won't be doing all the fun things you did (no Wild animal park, no Wicked, no baby who can run on the beach), I'm just SO thrilled to go see our family. I love them all so much!
I love West's gray camo outfit. Where did he find such cool pants? ;o)
The I love you rocks pic is so cool. Are you going to enlarge that one and frame it? I am going to have to do something for Trav like that while I'm away. Any fun ideas?
I just love seeing mom and dad with our kids. It makes me almost cry every time I see a photo of them. I wish we all lived close to one another. I really think we need to make that a goal. Someday when we're independently wealthy (ha ha!) we will buy houses in the same neighborhood. I know we would love living by you guys and mom & dad on - forever. I wish our whole family could live close to each other and then we could celebrate birthdays together and have sunday dinners together and just get to hang out. I'm going to enjoy these years when we're in UTah together b/c even though none of us like the snow (well, except Trav :o), we LOVe being close to you guys and Chelsea & Rob.
The zoo pics...just made me really excited for when we can go together and take all our kids and mine will be big enough to enjoy it!
I think my favorite of the bunch is Mckenon and West playing guitar & Is that a ukelele? Oh, and the whisker one with mom and dad & West.
oh, and just all of them. I love you and I love our family!
Woah, didn't realize the time. Good night!
Great pictures! It totally makes me want to go visit my parents, now. I'm glad it was so great. I miss you! We will talk soon for sure...
Love you!!
The pictures came out great! I didn't get to see all of them before you left. As I looked at them I had to cry a little bit. They make me miss you.
Weston is such a fun little guy. We all love him!
Ditto with everything Shar said about living next to each other. It is a dream of mine that we could all live close together some day. It would be awesome!
And Shar- we can go and have lots of fun while you are here (even the Wild Animal Park! and we can carry Kapria and run on the beach ourselves!)
Nicole, Jeff, and Weston- We are so glad you spent your precious holiday time with us! We love you all and miss you a lot already. We want you to come back! Love, Mom
The pictures came out great! I didn't get to see all of them before you left. As I looked at them I had to cry a little bit. They make me miss you.
Weston is such a fun little guy. We all love him!
Ditto with everything Shar said about living next to each other. It is a dream of mine that we could all live close together some day. It would be awesome!
And Shar- we can go and have lots of fun while you are here (even the Wild Animal Park! and we can carry Kapria and run on the beach ourselves!)
Nicole, Jeff, and Weston- We are so glad you spent your precious holiday time with us! We love you all and miss you a lot already. We want you to come back! Love, Mom
OOPs! It went twice. Is there a way to erase one of those?
It looks like you had such a great trip! Visiting family is the best especially when they live in California! We need to get together soon so give me a call or I will see you at the library!
Looks like a TON of fun! I'm so glad you got to get out of the cold for a while and see family. I'm also VERY excited you got to see Wicked. What a fun show. You guys got some fun pictures, I think my favorites are the ones on the beach. :)
Wow, what a fun trip! I am craving a warm, sunny day! That is so fun that you got to see Wicked too! I LOVE that play!
Looks like you had fun. Too bad we missed you, but we are going tihs weekend. We also have the same beach rule and I think it is a good rule to keep. Wasn't Wicked great?!!!
Holy cow! What a vacation you all have had! It looks like a blast! Probably so nice to be out of the snow for a while too! I love the pictures of you guys on the beach! It is so hard to have toddlers indoors all day because of constant bad, cold weather! I nice vacation will help rejuvenate you all! Weston is getting big, we love him!
Looks like your trip to cali was freakin BORING, sorry I couldn't be there to make it cool... just playin, nice pics
The pic form the beach, I (heart) you needs to be blown up and put into a frame in your bedroom. That is beautiful, I just might steal that idea when we go to the beach this summer....
Post a Comment