Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year!!!

Our Official 29th of February Post!

Since this day happens only once every 4 years....we HAD to post today and let you know what we're doing! We also want to know what you're up to on Leap Year Day!

Jeff and I signed the many many MANY documents that mean we are homeowners (last night). As soon as the funds go through today, it will be OFFICIAL! Yay! We are getting the keys tonight and starting to move our stuff in. I think that is a GREAT way to celebrate this day. (Yes, I brought a camera to closing...I mean, come on, how often do you buy your FIRST home? I'm so glad I did...)


This is us at the end of the process. We signed that WHOLE stack of papers! I think my name (and yes, it was our entire names: first, middle & last) looked pretty perfect by the end!




I have learned that packing with a toddler is, well, challenging to say the least! If I get anything packed with him around and don't tape it (because MAYBE I want to add something to it later) then the whole box is at risk of getting attacked by curious fingers. Let's just say he will be GREAT at helping me UN-pack!

This is what Weston is up to today:
He found our printer box, or more importantly, the Styrofoam in the printer box. It makes a perfect seat, don't you think?! I loved it!




Then he decided it wasn't JUST for sitting, it would make a GREAT 'king of the hill' mountain. He was very proud of himself for discovering this....
I took this picture right as it cracked...hence the look on his face


Here is the result of the 'crack'. He thought it was pretty funny that it made a hole! What a ham. I love this kiddo!

A huge THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of our wonderful friends and family who have helped us out this week by watching Weston and making us dinner. We can't tell you enough how much it means! We will DEFINITELY be having you over soon to say THANKS again!
And THANK YOU in advance to everyone coming over to help pack/clean tomorrow! Ditto on having you over too!

20 comments:

Lori said...

Hooray! Congrats on your house, that's so exciting. Love all the pics of weston too. Definitely let us know if there's any way we can help out.

Amy said...

Oh I just love documenting "once in a lifetime" occurrences. I'm sure my hand would have been shaking at signing such a big commitment. Congrats again!

lnkmom said...

Don't you love sigining your life away! It's such a great feeling!

Wish I could come help you move.

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

Nicole thats GREAT!! You will love having your very own house! I hear ya about having a small yard, but one you don't have to take of!
I want to see pictures of the house please! Good Luck moving!

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

oh and you look great!

Elisa said...

Congratulations on the house. I love the cute pictures of Weston. Just goes to show that kids are happier with boxes and styrofoam then with toys.

Unknown said...

Big congrats on the house. Nice part is you can clean it all before the stuff goes in. We preggos love to 'nest'! Packing with a toddler is awesome. So is unpacking. Joshua helped put stuff away, quite interesting! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

p.s were you both smiling while you were signing on purpose or was that the last page to sign?

Jonathan and Carley said...

Congratulations! I am glad that everything has worked out so well and that you now officially own a house! That is so awesome. I am sad that you will not live as close but that is okay because we will plan a lot of playdates and more Sunday dinners. I cant wait to see your new place! Good luck tomorrow and call me if I can help at all.

Phillips Family said...

Hey, congratulations on the house. WE are very jealous of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house. That is so exciting!!!!

The Evers said...

You look so happy considering you just signed your life away, hahaha jk! That is awesome and I will try not to covet thy neighbor too much! I can't wait to see pictures! We miss you all!!!

Allison said...

Yay! It is so fun to own your own home, you will love it! (Youwill probably agree that it was not so fun to sign all the paperwork though).

Leslee P said...

you should totally do the letters to weston... he will love it when he is older. i found out that you can turn your blog into hard back, so when he gets older and you have other childre and he needs a special moment, you can give him one. it will be something you can share with him, and you can even do it for the new baby...

Amy said...

It was fun helping you clean on Saturday (really it was!) Well, besides the fact that I spent the rest of the day working off all the donuts I ate. haha... Love you!!

Allison said...

What an amazing moment! We couldn't believe when we actually finished signing the paperwork on our home - we felt like real adults!Congrats and enjoy your new home. Can't wait to see it next time I come up there to visit!

Shar said...

YAY HOORAY! What a glorious day!

April Austin said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. Hopefully we'll be able to sign a giant stack of papers too sometime this year!

Karen said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations to both of you! You deserve it. Enjoy all that space! Hopefully we'll be getting a place soon too!

Stephanie said...

So exciting! I'm glad you took your camera. I'm sure you will want to remember it down the road. The last picture of Weston with the huge smile makes me laugh. Such a fun kid! Hopefully he has been a little more helpful with unpacking. :)