Friday, February 22, 2008

Some things we've been up to in February!

February has gone by so quickly! We have had a lot of fun and stayed SO busy this month. Here are a few of our fun times:


Weston loves when Kapria comes over to play. He likes to do anything she is doing. Here he is being a good sport about sharing his old play mat. (things are so much cooler when other kids are using them!)



For Valentine's Day our wonderful friends Katie and Nate watched Weston so we could go on a date! We are SO grateful to them!!! (thanks for offering you guys!!!) I am over joyed with the thought of spring around the corner and so we bought Jeff these cool patchwork shorts. I have been wanting to get him a pair for SO long but he never likes any that I like....these were a hit with the both of us, though, so we snatched them before they sold out. (as Old Navy tends to do quickly!) Don't worry, he was just trying them on for me....he will NOT wear them with black socks. hehe The rest of our Valentine's was a lot of fun. We made and delivered lots of Valentine's cookies, played with Weston, and had a wonderful date.


Weston loves to give hugs now! We love that we can ask him for one and he will run over and jump in our arms. SO fun! We love our snuggly guy!



Weston sure has it made! He is watching his fav. movie (Finding Nemo) while Jeff gives him a foot rub and he eats some snacks. Ahh...the life!


Okay, he has decided that meal time is THE time to be hilarious! He loves to make us laugh and purposely stuck this carrot on his forehead! Ranch dressing sure makes great glue. What a hoot!


Weston loves to ride around on his little bike. Notice, he is also in the fav. shirt. AND, he got a haircut. What a big boy!


Since the very beginning of Jan. he has only had his binkie during naps and at night. We always put it under his pillow when he's done and there it stays. Until recently. This week he has decided that his crib is the happening place because that is where he gets his binkie. And he wants it all.the.time. AHHH...I thought we were over this! We are working on it though and he is doing much better.
I thought this was just too cute, though, when I found him laying like this one morning. (I put books in his bed for when he wakes up WAY too early, then he just looks at them until he's ready to get up...they have been life savers. or I guess sleep savers! Thanks for the idea Megan!)

What a fun month we've had!!!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

So many questions for you! I'll just wait til we get together. We are trying to do the same thing with the binkie. I have a hidden "stash" of binkies but for awhile so did Noah. One day he pulled out FOUR and I don't know where he got them! So frustrating! I've heard that idea to put books in their bed for when they wake up, but when do you put them in there? Do you do it after he has fallen asleep? Such a good idea!

Lori said...

I have a crush on weston, he's just too cute.

Karen said...

I like those shorts! Can you picture your dad in those? Well... I can't either!

Weston is so funny! I miss him and his antics so much! He still reminds me so much of Shawn! Loves being the center of attention.

Love, MOM

April Austin said...

What a fun update. I too have a crush on weston. It's always sad though when you have to cut their hair. Good luck with the binky thing. I took Devin's away at 12 months and he never made a fuss. But now he sucks on his pointer and middle fingers (at the same time) and unfortunately I can't legally take those away. Tough Luck.

Stephanie said...

I forgot to say that I like Weston's new haircut! Such a cutie!

Cameron/Melissa said...

I like those shorts. I saw them at old navy but thought Cameron wouldn't like them. Due to Jeff's modeling I am wondering if I should try again.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Your pregnancy pics are soooo cute. You always look great. That's good that Weston and Kapria get along so well. Hopefully, that means he will do well with the new one. Keep us posted on the house.

Callie said...

What a cute, cute kid. I loved your last post about him picking out his own clothes. He must keep you on your toes!

Amanda said...

Love the black socks! And Weston is growing so fast- can't wait to see him in 8 wks!! Good luck this week with house things. :) I love you tons and am so happy you are posting lots. I miss you!