Friday, February 22, 2008

Our Toddler has an OPINION!

Weston has decided that he CARES what he wears and when he wears it!
Sometimes it's not a big deal...other times it definitely IS! He has started getting seriously mad if he doesn't want to put on clothes yet and I am ready for him to get dressed. Then he will run away with the clothes if he doesn't want to wear them . And then there are some occasions when he will go digging through his dresser and produce the desired outfit/jacket/hat himself. Oh, what am I to going to do with him? Just laugh, right?! That's what I've been doing. And taking lots of pictures in the meantime. Here a few of his latest:


Some mornings a HAT is definitely the 'IT' item of the day! (and yes, he puts it on himself)


One day, he ONLY wanted Daddy's shorts! luckily we didn't have to run errands before I convinced him of another outfit!


Yes, he even put them on his head. He is under there saying "Cheese" while I took this picture! Classic, I must say!




This is his all-time favorite! He LOVES balls and asks for the "ball shirt" daily. If he even spots one tiny speck of it showing in his drawer, this is the ONE he HAS to wear! (So far he's worn it about 3 times this week alone!) And see...this isn't a bad option. I can deal with this outfit....



Okay, this kid has about 10 jackets and THIS is the one he picked. Yes, it is TOO SMALL! sigh. but he loved it. AND he insisted on putting his beanie on himself. Hence the halfway covered face.
Being a mom to a toddler is definitely an adventure. I love it and I love this kiddo!

8 comments:

Amy said...

We just love his big personality!

Stephanie said...

So funny! Isn't it funny how stubborn they can be. I think all we CAN do is laugh about it. Noah makes me laugh all day long. Although it is a frustrating stage it is lots of fun too.

lnkmom said...

Too cute! We haven't run into much trouble there yet, thank goodness!

Sometimes I wish my kids would wear some of the things Weston likes, like say a cute hat or a nice jacket!

April Austin said...

How ADORABLE. I gotta say, I'm really excited for that stage. Devin is already extremely independent and has a HUGE personality so I know it's going to be nasty...but I'm sure it will have it's priceless moments.

ashley marie said...

I think that is so funny! I was cracking up at the shorts with the drawstring around his neck to hold them up. Very creative, I must say. Luckily Boston hasn't gotten to this point yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon!

Shar said...

I laughed so much at this! Weston is so much fun. And I loved that he wanted to hang out with me some today. that was awesome!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see Cole do some of these things. I LOVE the shorts drawstring around his neck- classic.

Unknown said...

I am not to sing Miss Independent to The Boy anymore, but sometimes, those words just really fit. I love the gym shorts. That cracks me up. He is such a cute kid.