Monday, February 25, 2008

Twilight Saga

Okay, I'll admit, I am a LITTLE obsessed with the Twilight series. I am already counting down until August 2nd when the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, comes out. And just FYI, that is right before my birthday, so it would make a FANTASTIC birthday present. (for anyone besides my husband, he already took me to Wicked for my birthday!)
So....this post is just to inform anyone who cares that then entire Cullen family has officially been cast and you can check out all the info on Stephenie Meyer's awesome website:

www.stepheniemeyer.com


Also, she has a sci-fi book coming out May 6th. called the Host and you can read excerpts from it on the website as well. Such fun stuff!!! LOVE this author.
And finally, she is going on tour for The Host and will be in Salt Lake! And YES, I WILL be there even though I will have just had a baby, or be pretty darn close. She better pick a good day to come. haha CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Sorry there aren't any pics. I am not computer savvy.
Enjoy!!!!

8 comments:

Cassi said...

So what do you think about the cast?? The guy they got for Edward is nothing like what I was hoping for!! :(

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I have found the perfect name for your son...Edward!! I am also so addicted to the books and have read them each 3 or 4 times. These movies might be hard for me because it isn't how I imagined most of the characters. Oh well. I'm sure it will still be fun!!

Cameron/Melissa said...

Movies are NEVER as good as the books. So there is no hope there. I feel the same way if they write a movie first and then write a book based on the movie. Anyways I am obsessed with the books too. But I am rooting for Jacob. I know I'm probably wrong but I think he is better for Bella than Edward. We will see...

The1stdaughter said...

Oh My! I just started reading the series today, just today...and I am hooked! Not what I needed right now, but man its good!

nathan said...

so I totally put it on my blog after reading yours- don't worry I gave you credit, and I said kind of what Cassi said, disappointment with Edward. But that is a pretty high bar to cast eh? I'm excited for them to make the movie. It may not be as good as the books but there is still so much that will be fun to see that is hard for me to imagine sometimes. I hope they do a good job!!!!

nathan said...

ok so if you want to put the pictures , I just move the curser over the picture, right click and "save as" then when I'm on my blog just upload it like a regular picture. There might be an easier way to upload but thats how I do it!! I hope you are doing well- I have been thinking about you TONS!!!!!!!!!!! I really have. I miss you guys!

Shar said...

I'm expectig it to be a pretty lame, low budget film. Think Eragon. Don't get me wrong, I love the books (well, all up until Eclipse). And Nic - I definitely want to go with you to whatever event goes on when Stephenie is here!

but as far as the movie goes, my expectations are pretty low. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm no counting on it. Like Melissa, I agree that a movie is never as good as a book. I do try to think of the movie as a completely separate piece of work, since by nature it HAS to be different in order to capture an audience. So changes from the novel don't, to me, make it a good or bad movie. They're to be expected when something moves to a new format.

But it's mainly the experience of the screenwriter that makes me have low expectations. I don't think she's a strong dialogue writer, and in a movie about vampires, dialogue will make or break it. so there you have it. I hope she far exceeds my expectations, though :)

Unknown said...

I am going to have to agree with Shar, expectations not to high. That is all I am going to say, not a Twilight fan. Still need to finish Eclipse. Although, the guys who is being Carlise is in one of my favorite movies form back in the day. Ok, so I said more and now I am done.