Okay, the purpose of this post is two-fold.
#1: to let you all know that I did it: i finally caved. I bought some character shoes. ug. I greatly dislike character clothing. I love dressing my little guys like, well, big 'little' guys. Which doesn't include Mickey, or Winnie the Pooh, or any of those tv show character stuff.
But lately my two year old has definitely been wanting some 'fun' clothes. He is tired of stripes and solids and things that match. If he ever sees a shirt with something fun on it, that's what he wants. And, honestly, I've been feeling a little guilty. Like I'm depriving him of his childhood right to have crazy characters and lame guys on his clothes. How mean of me, right?!
SOOOO..I did it. He absolutely fell in LOOVE with some spider man shoes. And Cars shoes, and Thomas the train shoes. Anything but the awesome solid green ones I had bought him. (the green ones are WAAAY cute, truly)
And I decided to let my child pick out his shoes for the first time ever. EVER.
What do you think? Do you like? Well, he does, which is all that matters really. I made his day. And the shoes are kind of growing on me.
Okay, point #2:
The above pictured shoes and the two girlie shoes below (which are for my niece) were all bought for $16. That's right folks. That is $4 per pair, after tax!!!! I just had to share the screaming deal I found at Target.
All in all, a great day. I was able to make my little boy's day and do it on a budget. Fabulous fabulous day!!!
19 comments:
You are so funny! Right before Christmas I bought Owen his first pair too! They are spiderman snowboots and he loves them! A little boy in his class had the same ones and when he saw them at the store he wanted them SO bad. I finally caved. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I'm not a big fan of character clothing either, but man those are cute. I think I want to get some for Erica.
You crack me up. I love those car shoes. I was sad when Joshies got ruined. I have always let Joshie pick out his clothes. I give him a choice between things I like. It seems to work out pretty well and 80% of the time he doesn't want the character clothes anyway. And was this deal at the Target store or on-line? I think that Aloria needs the little brown ones.
I'm not a fan of the character clothes and shoes either and really try so hard to avoid them when we are at the store. I know, I'm such a mean mom! I have to admit, though, the shoes Weston picked are pretty cute.
Good shopping! I'm very jealous of what a good deal you found! And, I have to say, I am with you on the character clothing. Yuck! But, what do you do when your kids start having opinions??
Oh man, this cracked me up! There's nothing better than making his day though. :) You're awesome for giving in. I love Kapria's brown shoes!
I'm with you...I can't stand buying character anything for kids, but I'm sure at some point they begin to feel differently than we do. We also steer clear of sports/ballerina/princess related items too (which may be a bit extreme, but oh well). I want them to make their own choices about who they want to be and not be influenced by articles of clothing, TV, or even me. I just want them to be good people. But it looks like your kids are finally getting to that age where they want to make their own choices and it doesn't look like they did too bad. And for your sake at least it was easy on your pocket book!
wow. kudos to you! I caved a long time ago. character clothing...so cheap- but so expensive!! haha the shoes are awesome...and amazing deal. LOvE it. I love all your posts- so cool to still stay in touch with you, cause we miss you like crazy. I cant believe Tave is 8 months and we have never even met :( they are so cute.
Oh Nicole, just wait until you have a girl and EVERYTHING has to be princess... princess shoes, princess dresses, princess shirts, princess jackets, princess hats... honestly, they come up with everything princess. I have a DAILY fight, HOURLY maybe about what she wants to wear. And it started when she was barely 2 years old. It's funny to see them become such little people and wanting what they want. You did find great deals though... Good job! :)
Those brown shoes are SOOO cute! And congrats on the great deals too! I took Kurt to get sandals last year and had some nice, neutral ones. Then he saw the Spiderman ones. Guess which we bought? I'm not really opposed to character stuff, but I do love dressing my kids like little adults.
What an AWESOME deal! Shoes are so hard for me to find for Jocelyn... And I am so with you on the character stuff....it's not my favorite.
I can tell by all the comments that this is a struggle with every mom!!! Yup, I caved last summer and bought Mr. N some Spiderman "crocs". He wore them everyday, he was so proud of his shoes!
PS. I love the way you dress your boys, the "Little Man" look is the best!
I didn't want to put lots of character stuff on my kids too. I've slowly given into the princess stuff for Cali though. Maybe it happens slowly over time when you realize how happy it makes your kids :). Thanks for sharing where you got those shoes. That is quite the deal!
Oh, this made me laugh. I swore I would never dress my kid in character clothing, but alas, all last summer Jordie's favorite shirt was a "Cars" shirt and then his grandma gave him two "Toy Story" shirts for Christmas which he always wants to wear now. Those are all pretty cute shoes, maybe a trip to Target is in order for me!
How fun for Weston! I love those Spider Man shoes-they are pretty cute! And of course, I absolutely love love a bargain! Although you have to be careful that you don't spend so much that it is no longer a bargain! Ha Ha!
I love those little brown shoes too! They will be darling on Kapria!
I only had a moment to peruse your blog and saw the pics of the shoes at the end, and thought to myself...I think she is making her kids wear girl shoes!! My concerns were calmed when I was finally able to read the fine print...it is nice to know that your kids are not the ones walking around with with pink feet.
Oh, we can so relate!!! We, too, have caved a bit, as O got some "Dora" Crocs for Christmas. She likes Dora, they were on sale, and they're great for daycare (as I don't care if they get scuffed or thrown into the shoe basket)! However, daycare is the extent of these shoes wearage (LOL); today we're going to the grocery store after I get off work, and I have a change of shoes in my bag! :P
Too funny!! I agree- I'm still holding out on character clothes. I'm sure I'll cave eventually, too. Cole hasn't noticed too much yet, thank goodness!! So congrats to Weston and good job Mom!
Good deal! But, I do feel the same way about character clothing. I've decided to buy character stuff for PJ's. They get their character fix and I don't have to see it all day long.
Post a Comment