Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Growing up...


Weston is learning so many new things. It seems like each day brings a new skill and more words. We are absolutely loving getting to know is crazy fun personality.
He makes us laugh constantly and we have such a blast with him.

What Weston has been up to:

He started using sentences!!! (Sun. October 5th)
That may not be a huge deal to some of you..but, previous to the sentence phenomenon, this was a typical conversation with Weston:

Me: Weston, what do you see outside (when we're driving)
W: deer. see deer. see deer. see deer.
Me: What else do you see?
W: see sky. see sky. see sky.
Me: What is in the sky?
W: clouds. white clouds. white clouds. white clouds.
Me: Oh how cool. Do you see the truck by us?
W: big truck. big truck. big truck.

I have loved these sweet conversations, but I am just THRILLED to pieces for him to be able to tell us more of what is on his mind!!

So Weston wanted a mint and wanted to share one with Tave. I told him that babies don't eat mints. Then Weston said his first 3-word sentence:
"Baby eat milk"

Yup. That's it.
I'm not going to claim my son is a genius, or that those words are so profound. Because I know they are not. And, quite honestly, kids younger than him are talking more. But it was exciting for me, none-the-less.
And I was so proud.

And now Weston has been talking up a storm. He learns new words every day and says the funniest things.

He has also become even more of a daredevil, if that's possible. He loves running, jumping, climbing and anything that scares his mommy.
He loves to chat with Tave. They laugh back and forth and have a grand old time together.
He loves helping in the kitchen.
He absolutely loves doing crazy things with Dad.
He has started requesting things for breakfast, dinner, etc.
He is really into little figure toys. Right now he likes Mickey & Minnie.
He loves reading. (Yay for me!)
AND...drum roll please...
He knows most of his shapes & colors. So exciting! He can not only point to them (receptive learning which comes first) but he can also say them (expressive learning with comes second)
And the other day he counted 4 carrots on his plate. All by himself.
Sigh. My little boy is growing up.

It is just incredible to watch these little ones become their own person.
I always knew I wanted to be a mom.
Now I know why.






7 comments:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats on learning all the shapes and colors. I have been trying with Jack with some balls and he will just look at me and say, "ball mom." I guess he thinks he is teaching me a thing or two!!

Cameron/Melissa said...

I love this post. Isn't being a mom exciting? I especially love when they learn to really talk and explore the world around them. I was thinking of Ashling when she was two last year and thinking how much there was that she couldn't do then but can do now. So get excited for a big year where he pulls away from everything baby and become a little boy!

lnkmom said...

How exciting!

You summed it up so well in your last thought, I feel the same way. Sometimes I wonder how they know so much (cause I know I haven't taught them enough)!

It is the best, isn't it?

Jason and Joy said...

I love your kids, and I've always thought Weston seemed really smart for his age! He is such a fun kid. How fun and sad at the same time at how fast kids grow up....

Stephanie said...

Cute! Weston is such a fun kid. It is fun to hear all the things he is doing/learning. It is so exciting to see them learning new things, but I still have a hard time believing I have a 2 year old! I think it is great you take the time to appreciate and record the big and little things he is doing. Sometimes I wonder if I do that enough.

Morty said...

Awww... for cute!

Unknown said...

Ok, those words are profound if it means he will stop trying to feed baby 'big boy food' (we may be having a problem with this at our house!)
It is crazy to me how much they start talking once the sentence thing starts. Next time we get together (like when you get sick of the snow and it is still in the 70's here) maybe they boys will talk out there problems. HEHEHE