Well, it's officially official: we have moved into our new home!!! We love Love LOVE it and can't wait to have you all over!!!
Packing was crazy and insane, but we had amazing, awesome, fantastic helpers. Lots of friends watched West for a few hours here and there during the week so I could pack. Then on moving day: Shar & Trav watched West overnight, James, Jonathan, Jonathan's roomate Logan, and some men from the ward came to haul it all away and then Amy and ward Sisters came to help me clean. We were packed up, cleaned up, and moved in to the new home by 2 pm on Sat. How's that for fast?!
Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who helped us...we literally could NOT have done it without you!
I will have pictures posted by this weekend...I absolutely refuse to take pictures until we are all UNpacked and organized. (or at least mostly)...so you will all just have to wait! But no worries...we just can't wait to open our home to all of you!
Packing was crazy and insane, but we had amazing, awesome, fantastic helpers. Lots of friends watched West for a few hours here and there during the week so I could pack. Then on moving day: Shar & Trav watched West overnight, James, Jonathan, Jonathan's roomate Logan, and some men from the ward came to haul it all away and then Amy and ward Sisters came to help me clean. We were packed up, cleaned up, and moved in to the new home by 2 pm on Sat. How's that for fast?!
Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who helped us...we literally could NOT have done it without you!
I will have pictures posted by this weekend...I absolutely refuse to take pictures until we are all UNpacked and organized. (or at least mostly)...so you will all just have to wait! But no worries...we just can't wait to open our home to all of you!
Here are some things I have already learned during this process:
- Weston really is a trooper. He has had to play on his own a lot this weekend while we unpacked...what a great Kiddo we have!
- That being said: Weston also got sick. Kids pick up on stress, too. That's all I have to say.
- Spanish Fork is really very beautiful, but it is COLDER than Provo. You read that right...it is colder here...I just know it. And windier.
- Blinds are a must the first night. I suggest putting them up before you move in.
- Our ward is awesome awesome. Wide age range, lots of little kids and VERY friendly. So excited.
- That being said....we MISS nursery in our other ward. They were the sweetest ladies and Weston LOVED going.
- Ask for HELP when you move. I am a very prideful person. I HATE asking for help. But it was worth it and I really truly honestly appreciated every minute of help that anyone spared us. THANK YOU!
- Fast food gets old. Unpack your kitchen first so you can cook!
- My no-sugar diet was impossible while I was packing and stressed. Oh well, I LOVED every bit of sugar I ate....now back to it..... :(
- Just FYI: Moving helps you lose weight. In my case...I just didn't gain much! Only 1 pound in 3 weeks...that is REALLY good in prego-land, especially the 3rd trimester!
- You don't have to unpack the first day. In fact, it's impossible, unfortunately. But it is OH so fun moving into your own place and putting things where they go. I love it! I can't wait to add finishing touches. (like pictures, decor, etc)
- I have the best best husband ever! He works so hard for us and did great moving everything. Thanks babe! I love our home.
If you made it this far into a post with no pictures: congrats. You now know me a little bit better.
Love you all!!!!
Love you all!!!!
13 comments:
I'm jealous of your one pound in 3 weeks gain. I'm probably doing the opposite and doing 3 pounds in one week... but alas, that is the way of pregnancy i suppose.
I'm really excited for you guys, and I'm also glad that you moved somewhere that's still pretty close. We'll have to come see the new place soon.
Congrats Jeff and Nicole!! We can't WAIT to see pictures of the new place. I am so anxious to be in your place and buying/moving into our new home. Who knows where in the world that will be, but hopefully it's this summer.
What? A treat? I'm in. :) I was amazed at how FAST your place was cleaned (not that it was dirty), with the help of a few ladies. Next time we move I'm asking for help! I love moving too, mostly so I can reorganize and put new things up on the walls. I can't wait to have a house of our own!! Congrats again!
You really can post pictures of the craziness - it's kind of fun to see what it looks like with boxes everywhere, and then see the improvement you've made!
Being in your own home is so much fun - I'm glad you get to do it! I have been thinking about you and unpacking, and I've been a little jealous. that's my favorite part about moving b/c you get to figure out where everything has it's place and start with fresh, bare walls for decorating. So fun!
I already miss you living so close, though. I know it's not a huge difference, but no more running over on Sunday to borrow eggs...or flour or whatever I'm missing. But we'll still come visit lots. love ya!
I am so glad that everything went so smoothly with the move. That is so exciting that you have your own place to decorate and do what you want with. I am very jealous! I hope that Weston feels better soon so that we can come visit. I went to the library today and it definitely was not the same! Talk to you soon.
How exciting to move in to your own home. I say get everything unpacked as quick as possible. It makes living day to day so much easier.
I for one will be glad not to move for awhile but I have moved 3 times in just over a year. that is enough for anyone!
Okay, the first six get a treat. Great job guys. :) haha
If you get a spare moment (haha!) you should post a picture of the outside of your house to satisfy our curiousity until you finish unpacking!
So so so happy for you to be all settled in. And so happy you are trying to eat no sugar- I guess I didn't know that. I wish I could do that. But I'm pretty positive that I wouldn't survive...
I'm so excited to see your new place. I wish I could have helped somehow, but if you need some time away from unpacking come hang out! Oh, how fun to have your own place to do as you please! I can't wait to see what you do as far as decorating, etc. I'm sure you will make it look so good.
Oh, I forgot. How is it that you are on a no sugar diet? You will have to share your secrets!
I can't believe you got my hopes all up and now I don't get a treat! Jk. Congrats on the move. I am really proud of you for only gaining one pound. I think I gained 3 and I'm not even pregnant!! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!!
Pictures!! I need pictures. Man, I am glad that you are doing so well and still able to blog. And, you probably have nice clean closets. I love the finished moving clean!
Post a Comment