Okay.
So Tannon just does NOT go with Daniel. I don't care if you say it does. To me it does not. (watch, we name him that and I have to eat my words...haha...but really, No- we're not naming him that)
Therefore, we are enlisting your help. We would LOVE any and all ideas you are willing to share with us on our blog. This is to be an ongoing list/contest....so come back and leave more when you hear/think of them!!!
(thank you to ALL of you who have been feeding us a continual supply of name ideas....we just haven't found THE one yet that we BOTH agree on!!!)
And if you think I am worrying about this prematurely...oh well...I have this little kiddo kicking me and stretching and moving inside me every day. He is very real already sooo...we would like to go to the hospital with a list of 2-5 possiblities. Right now there aren't any...so BRING THEM ON....PLEASE!!!!
Now to the CONTEST part of it:
- whoever gives us THE name idea that this kiddo ends up having will receive a VERY fun and COOL thank you gift. (I haven't decided what it will be yet...but trust me, you will LIKE it!)
- If there are duplicate names, whoever suggested it first will win the prize.
- If you have already suggested a few names to me, feel free to add them to this contest just so they are in the running...who knows...maybe being 9 months pregnant will change my mind about them!
So there you have it. The contest officially begins today: March 4th and ends the day the baby is born. Let the FUN begin!!!!!
Love and many many thanks to you all!
39 comments:
First of all congrats on the new house! That's awesome!! Can't wait till we are in a house!
OK... so we had a hard time with boy names too! What kind of names do you like? Here are some others we considered when I was pregnant with Parker and Jaden: Ryder, Ryker, Porter, Brekin, Brayden, Tate, Kyson, Jensen, Riley, Logan, Landon, Dylan, Jace, Connor, McKay, Shane, Colby and Kaleb. Good luck!!
Before we found out we are having a girl, we really liked the names Simon, Atticus, Liam, and Noah.
I still think it'd be funny if you named your next boy Easton to match Weston. I guess that's really the last resort option if you can't think of anything else lol.
I'm sorry mine took up all that space...it's because I copied/pasted it from my email. You can delete it if you want. :)
Here are some of my favorites. I'm only putting ones I like, b/c I want my nephew to have a cool name:
Jet
Javen
Madsen
Crew
Grey / Grayden
Britton
Deven
Ganan / Gannon
Oh, but I didn't repeat - so if there were ones I liked in the previous posts, I didn't repeat them.
I like:
Ryder
Gage
Levi (but Levi Daniel might be too bibical)
My friend at work is due May 11th and she's in the same dilemma. Her top choice is...Cole! Yeap, good choice, huh? 2nd choice is Nash.
Oooooo, I want to play!
I like more "normal" names, you know, the classics:
Loren or Soren (My family's Scandinavian)
Ethan
Ian
Basically anything with the "E" sound at the beginning!
I also like your sister's suggestion of Madsen (Do you know my maiden name!?!) If we had another girl her name would be Madisen!
Well, we're all about Ian, of course. We also like Blake, Mitchell, Mason, Grant, Sam, James, Ray, Ethan, Reid, that's all I can think of for now.
Ooooh. I hope I win!
Oh....I really like Quinn, too.
I don't know Cassi but she gave some cute names! I like Ryker. That is really cute! (but it could be manly too!) Wow! You have been given a lot of good choices; at least I think so! Shar gave some good choices too. I also like Zade a lot, but you already told me that's a no go. I will think of some more soon, so I'll be back!
I love the name Elias. And I will not be using it because my nephew is named Elias. I also love the name Conner. A friend of Ali's is named Tristan, which I also like.
Congrats on buying your new house. It is so scary to sign those documents, but it is worth it. You won't regret it. As for baby names, we like Clayton. I can't promise we won't use this name in the future, but not likely. What a great idea for a contest. Can't wait to hear what you pick.
ok, so here goes...
Daniel Griffin Drysdale
Hayden Daniel Drysdale...
i am so short on names. you know that i like griffin (griff), nolan, oh and my favorite- mason...
good luck. you will get a good name for sure...
ps- thanks for the comments on the jewlry, i need strong, honest comments. i am working on some pieces in other colors as well. but the overall direction we are moving in is hand stamped, personalized charms with some cute sharms to go with. let me know when you get a name and i will send you a necklace, bracelette, something so you can show off the names of your little men once the new one is born...
Thanks thanks thanks to everyone who has commented so far...I think we like a few from each list....this is getting good!
Keep 'em comin!
Love you all!!!
What a great idea to have a contest. My mom was substitute teaching at a high school when I was pregnant with Tanner and she started a contest with the male students saying that if their name was chosen they would get a prize. She made lists in every class she taught with all of their names and sent them to me so I had a continual supply. She said it was hilarious how much these high school boys got into it, lobbying for their name and everything. People love contests! Anyway, I had a few names to suggest, but all of them have already been posted! So I guess I'll have to think harder and get back to you.
OK, I love this post and I am going to start really researching this. So no names yet- I want to win this cool prize!
Most of my favorites are already on here so I'm sorry if I repeat. I already told you Rowan, but I also like Landon, Jaden, Crew, Ryder, Hayden, and Gage. It is so hard to name a baby, especially a boy. This is a great idea, though. There are some cute names on here. Good luck!
Jace, Tanner (does that go with Daniel?), Cohen, Caden, Lincoln (James' fav), Mason, Trey...and I'll come back with more. :)
Dallin, Blake, Adam, Beckham, Jackson, Mason
so I looked at your blog earlier but I don't have a killer name so I didn't leave a comment....but I heard of Kadince the other day thought it was cute? I have a friend who named her boy William but calls him Will. I would never think of it but I actually really like it, it sounds so ivey league haha. so links list but friend told me about cutestblogonthe blog.com- you don't have to redo any of the side things!! but it is a little more confusing to do- not complicated - I think you could handle it easy!!! hehe LOVE YOU!! hey pictures of the house..and YOU- I want to see your belly. oh shoot I just thought of something else I need to talk to you about I'll email you this is already too long!
Today I heard the name Kaden so I thought I would share it with you. I like it a lot spelled with a K.
Here are some names I thought you might like. Hope this helps.
Treyden
Micah
Lucas
Keegan
Miles
Lance
Gavin
Rhett
Landon
Silas
Hogan
Asher
Phoenix
Talan
Wow! That is quite a list already!! I am a fan of the more everyday names so mine are pretty boring. I obviously love Jackson, but Lane really liked it spelled Jaxon, but that is pretty common now too. He really likes Rock, Warren, Orrin, Porter...anything that sounds western I guess. I like Parker and Matthew. I have all nephews on my side of the family and here are a few of their names: Carson, Jason, Ethan, Lincoln, Jacob, Tyler, Joseph, Joshua, Zachary,Ernest, Caleb, Ross, Clark, Grant, Travis. I think my favorite is still EDWARD! Have fun and good luck!!
Sorry...I just thought of a couple more.....They are more family member names, though distant relatives.
Brenner
Dawson
Gage
Corbin
You exist! I couldn't believe it when I saw you write on my blog. I'm so excited to see that you're doing well and that we're due around the same time. Aren't you so ready to be done!! Good luck with the name game, we're having the same problem. Adam's favorite right now is Drew, mine is Ethan. Some family names that we really like but can't use are Cole, Parker, and Collin. Good luck. I'm so excited to know you have a blog!
You already know I love Weston and am going to name my first boy that. I also like Deacon and Dallin. Brian really likes Daxus...I guess we have something with "D" names? I'll try to think of some more and get back to you!
Ooh ooh...there have already been a million suggestions so I don't think I'm going to participate because I can't think of any that haven't been said. BUT...I do like Devin (I'm not sure why) and how cool is Devin Daniel Drysdale... you could call him Triple D!!! (or maybe not)
well i think Carter Scott sounds good...hope u dont hate it lol or Ridley
Love You!!!!!
MUAH!!!
love Mel!!
call me sometime!!
I love the name Wyatt!
I also like Ashton.
The other ones have already been posted!
You are too cute... I want to see pics of you,please!
AMY
Maybe Dalton, or even Anson!
What about Paco? That would work...
-- Paco "The Taco" Daniel Drysdale --
or Jason also works!
Hi Nicole!
I don't know if I've commented on your blog before, but I do enjoy reading it every now and then! First of all, congrats on baby boy #2! You've gotten some great suggestions, but here are mine...
Camden
Troy
Mack (could be short for Mackay)
Good luck!
Taryn McCook
Umm, you already have my vote. Just pretend that i dot your dads name right (hehe, sorry!)
dot=got (long day)
So ummm, I guess I hould have read further down before I posted my most recent comment about baby names-duh... Jeff and I can think of lots of girl names, but NEVER can we agree on boy names (again I am not pregnant-we just like to talk about it:)) So I know I am late posting and sorry if my name ideas are a repeat to others, but here are a few of my favs... Dean (yeah does not go with Daniel, Reinn (pronouned rain-kind of a family name), Dane, Benson. I am going to keep thinking. Jeff wants me to write that he likes the name Quinn. Good luck Love ya!
We have a week left in the pregnancy and don't know the gender so we have go to the hospital with boys and girls names. Here are boys names we liked
Caleb
Keenan
Keagan
Kaman
Ashton
Liam (well that is my #1 son's name :o)
chase
There is more but I can't think of them right now. Good luck!
I already called to tell you this name because I think it's very cool but I thought I would add it here to the blog-Stryder.
Post a Comment