Monday, May 25, 2009

Quilt Along!!

I am doing a Quilt-Along and it is so much fun!!

Dana, of Old Red Barn Co, is hosting a 6 week quilt along. Each week she gives full instructions and then we have a week to get it done.

Here's how it works:

Week 1: Gathering of supplies.
Week 2: Cutting the fabric.
Week 3: Sewing the blocks and trimming them to size.
Week 4: Assembly of quilt top.
Week 5: Quilting the top, batting and backing.
Week 6: Binding.

So easy and managable.
For a first-time quilter like myself, that is a necessity.
So, if you're interested you still have time to catch up!

Here's how I'm doing:


Rotary cutter/matt: check

Extra rotary blade: check

Non-slip ruler: check

Iron: check

Quilting pins: check

Thread: check

Fabric: check check:



I am so in love with this fabric. The top one, especially, is my all-time fav!!! I have a few more to get from this line. But I am ready!!
I have about a million other fabrics I am dying to use, however, so I am sure this will not be my one and only quilt... my mom will be so proud. :)
(She is an very talented and avid quilter...so I am finally following in her footsteps, YAY!)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So fun!! Another thing you will be fabulous at, that you will have to teach me. :)

Amy said...

Love it! I can't wait to show you the fabric I got for my first quilt. I might have to join in on the quilt-along.

Sharla said...

Look at you go! I'm excited to see the finished project. Make sure to post pics.

Jonathan and Carley said...

Such a fun idea! I love those fabrics. I actually used one of those to make a nursing blanket, great taste! I also wanted to let you know that we are finally coming back to Utah! We will be there June 18th-25th and we would love to see you guys! Let me know what your schedule looks like but we cant wait.