Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Potty training???

West has been asking for his own 'Weston-sized toilet'
We figured that meant it was time to get one. So we ordered it (I realize the color is hideous... I let him pick it when I should have just chosen myself, oh well--too late now) and it finally arrived! Weston was so thrilled.
But potty-training really hasn't started and I am okay with that.

For now, he sees it, likes it, and knows he'll get a treat if he goes in it. I'm of the mentality that when he's ready- it will happen. We'll encourage and reward, but not push. (of course if he's 5 and not toilet-trained, I'll probably do more of the pushing, but for now we can wait!)
So we'll see what happens...

And this is just proof that a BOX beats pretty much anything else out for FUN!!!
What cuties we have!

6 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Pass my congrats on to Weston! What a big boy! Ian has loved having his own potty, and I give about 99% of the credit to that fact alone. Ian would NEVER have potty trained so quickly had we used the grownup toilet.

I can't believe Weston is old enough for THIS!!

Sharla said...

Good luck. You are so smart to not push the issue. Most of us have to learn the hard way!

Amy said...

Love it! I can't believe how fast your boys are growing up. Make it stop! :) Hope West is feeling better soon so we can get together.

Unknown said...

Tave in the box is so cute. I also like the one on the right in the middle with both boys. Weston looks pretty pumped about his potty and +10 for not pushing. It seems to be the way to fewer accidents (my experience and others) Good luck! Oh, and little boy undies are sooo cute and tiny!

lnkmom said...

Good Luck!!! You will know when he is ready, until then enjoy that great box! (What is it about boxes??? My kids love them too!)

Amanda said...

Good luck! We can't wait to see how it goes for you guys before we venture there. :)