Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tave - 9 months old!!

Our sweet Tave is 9 months old.

Some of Tave's highlights from this month:

  • He loves loves loves to play with Weston. He doesn't even mind getting squished, sat on, and wrestled with. But he draws the line at basketball hoops on his head...see pic below!
  • He started eating solids. Not my choice...he decided that he must have what we have. And he goes to great lenghts to get it.
  • His favorite foods are: eggs, bagels with cream cheese, pizza, pretzels, cereal, and fruit. He also eats baby food still and oatmeal. He hates bananas and doesn't really appreciate when we have him try green veggies. But hopefully he'll get over that soon.
  • He has been teething this month, but nothing has shown up yet. Fingers crossed that it does soon!
  • His bedtime is 7-730 ish and he sleeps until 5 or 6, then eats, and goes back to bed until 730 or 8. Usually. We've had a few rough weeks because of teething where he's waking up more than normal. not fun - for us or him!
  • He LOVES to be sitting up and has started rocking forward. (the beginnings of crawling... very beginning stages!)
  • He hasn't really cared to try crawling. He is so content and happy all the time that it just isn't important to him, I guess. :)
  • He enjoys playing with toys that make noise, especially music.
  • He dances and bounces to music as soon as he hears it. And he sings. SO darling!
  • He has gotten to spend time with both Grandmas this month!
  • He absolutely LOVES people. He smiles all the time and loves to watch everyone around him.
  • He started clapping this month! He loves this and will clap for us all the time!
  • He discovered the joy of balls!! He really loves when Daddy bounces a big ball in front of him.
  • He has really started to notice other children. He really likes being in on the action with the kiddos.


Dear Tave,

You are getting to be so big! You have really grown up this past month and are developing such a sweet and fun personality. This month has been a little hard for me. 9 months is so close to 1 year old. And I just don't want my baby to grow up. I love love love this darling, adorable little person that you are becoming. I love your snuggles, your hugs, your wet kisses and giggles. I love being your mommy and seeing your bright smiling face first thing in the morning. I love watching you and Weston laugh together and seeing your face light up when Daddy walks in the room. I love watching you dance and sing your little songs and I can't wait to see the exciting things that you will discover next.

You bring so much joy to our family. We never knew what we were missing until you came into our lives. We are so grateful that we are a forever-family.

We love you.

Love,

Mommy & Daddy

3 comments:

Lori said...

Lots of great new pics! Hooray for tave, he's quite the cutie.

tory said...

Nicole he is such a cutie, even when the little mr. is upset! I also love when you write to your boys! You are so good at pouring your heart out in each post! I love you soo very much!!!!!!

lnkmom said...

What a cutie! I can't believe he eats all those foods and doesn't have any teeth! I love his big grin!