Well, we are two weeks into the big-boy Bed. Or, as Weston calls it, his 'Weston-sized bed.'
And I thought it was time for an update.
Because, quite honestly, I am shocked, surprised, thrilled, and absolutely grateful.
NO crying. NO trying to get up. NO late night visits to our room. NO tantrums at naptime.
This is what happens every single night:
Family prayers, brush teeth, read story, lay him in bed, sing song, kiss goodnight, lights out.
Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep... for 12 hours.
Morning: Weston plays and reads in his room for about a 1/2 hour.
Then I hear "Mommy, Weston awake, get Weston up please." Repeated until I come get him. (which is usually in less than a minute because he has been so gosh-darn good.)
This is what happens every single naptime:
Read story, lay him in bed, sing song, kiss, lights out.
A little bit of talking and playing and then sleep...for 2 hours*
He does cry a little when he wakes up, or I just hear him moving around and talking and I get him.
I feel blessed. I really do. Because sleep habits have definitely taken time and discipline at our house and haven't been the easiest.
But this. This is just heavenly. What a great, great kid.
* this coming from the child who decided last month that he didn't want naps and would cry for 30 minutes in his crib after I put him down.
ps. the shorts in the pic. are absolutely my very favorite. I love them. And when I brought them home from Old Navy, Weston wanted to put them on right then. No matter that it was snowing. Oh spring, come quickly.
10 comments:
How awesome West!! Oh and love the shorts too Nicole, I'm a major plaid fan!
You are sooooo lucky!!! I'm glad the "big boy bed" is going well!
Aren't big boy beds the best! I'm glad everything is going so well. Your boys are so big! I can't believe it. I also LOVE your "love" wall! Wasn't it fun! We should try to get together soon. I would love to see you guys!
You are very lucky! Some of my kids have had an easier time than others with bed time, but it is such a blessing when they go to bed easily!
That's awesome, Nicole! I'm so glad he's doing so well for you guys!
I think it is cool that Weseton speaks in the third person. I think I might have to start doing that. Judges will dig it in court. "Your honor, Adam would like to object to that."
I remember being worried when Cali transitioned to a big bed, but it went smoothly too! It really is such a blessing when your kids sleep well :). I'm glad he's doing so well with his "Weston sized bed". That's too cute :).
I am so glad he is doing so well!! Way to go Mom and Dad - you did good. :)
That's awesome. What a good kid! And those shorts are very cute!
Oh, I am so glad it has been a success! We just put Finn in a twin bed this last week too! We have had an easy transition too. Thank goodness. Weston is so cute! Matt and I loved getting to know him in nursery! He reminds us a lot of Ethan.
Post a Comment