Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Surprise Surprise!


This past weekend was absolutely fabulous!
Jeff had told me we were having a surprise weekend. I couldn't plan anything. I couldn't know anything. I hate surprises. I really do.
But, when a surprise comes in the form of a much-loved sister in law from Texas, and it includes a day with both of my-very-favorite-sister-in-laws together -- well, that kind of surprise is appreciated, loved, and accepted!


We packed our 2.5 days full of shopping, baby-talk (since they are both expecting darling, sweet, bundles of joy very soon), laughing, smiling, hugging, good food, sweet husbands, Christmas partying, more good food, late nights, games, and overall perfection.


Thanks, Amanda, for coming out here on the spur of the moment. And thanks to a wonderful hubby who took the kids for an entire day so we could have some much needed girl time. I'm not going to think about how far away our next visit is. And, of course, since I'm not thinking about that, then I'm not going to cry either.

I just love these wonderful, beautiful, amazing ladies.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wasn't it SO much fun?! It really was a perfect weekend. I wish every weekend was full of surprise visits. :) Love you--It's been great to spend so much time together lately.

Amanda said...

Thanks for letting me crash your weekend - it was fabulous! It makes the summer just seem not so far away.

Kristen said...

What a sweet husband you have to do that for you! I'm glad you had such a fun time. Girl time is always fun...and needed :).