Sunday, December 07, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

Posted by Picasa
Oh how I LOVE this season. The sights, the smells, the warm fuzzy feeling you get from serving those around you. I love it all. We put up the Christmas tree last Monday and it was a blast. Weston is at such a fun fun age. He was so excited. He was jumping up and down and couldn't wait to get started.
It has been really neat teaching him about Jesus. He recognizes pictures of Him and talks about Him a lot. I love teaching my boys about Christmas: that it's Jesus' birthday and how we give gifts to others because of Christ's gift to us. I don't know how much Weston understands, but he sure listens and he loves saying 'Christmas' and 'Jesus'.
He has been asking for 'Jesus song' constantly, which is 'Away in a Manger'. I just LOVE singing it over and over with my boys. It has really helped us get into the true Spirit of Christmas!
What a special time of year.

6 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

I need to teach Ian to take pictures! That would be so useful!

lnkmom said...

Nicole I love your collage!

Isn't it amazing how much children can understand? I feel like my kids know so much more about EVERYTHING than I have even able to teach them! It's the sweetest thing when they recoginze Christ and talk about how much he/they love them/him.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

This is a great time of year. I'm trying to teach Erica about prayer, but she just uses that time to run around. Any ideas?

Taryn said...

Tave is really starting to look alot like Weston. I love their Christmas pj's, so cute!

Shar said...

that looks like so much fun! I can't wait to come see all your christmas decorations. we are getting our tree up TONIGHT. no matter what. :)

the elgan family said...

We love your genuine, authentic Nicole voice that is so loud and clear on your blog! The way you are documenting your life is so sincere and true, and it is wonderful to be able to peek at when time permits (I'm sure you know how that goes)!
What very lucky little boys with such devoted, great parents!