Tuesday, December 02, 2008

9 am


It's Tuesday morning.
My two year old is still sleeping. My 6 month old woke up at 730 and is now down for a nap.
What is going on?
I don't know, but I sure like it.
I'm off to enjoy some quiet time while it lasts...probably about 2 more minutes.
Hey, I'll take whatever I can get!



I was right: 2 minutes. But what a glorious 2 minutes they were.
I was able to:
go downstairs, open the blinds, appreciate the glowing lights of my Christmas tree (thanks babe for plugging it in before you left) move a basket to a different room, go back upstairs, get dressed (without said 2 year old having an opinion on what top I should wear), plug in my straightener, and close up the eliptical machine.
Then I even had time to do the first half of this blog post. Until the wee one woke up during the photo upload.
Good times.

ps. the
real blog posts are on their way...

pps. To all of those who have commented despite the fact that I won't be commenting on your blog until January (or Christmas break, hopefully my parents will have internet by then) I LOVE you. I do. You made my day!
And who knows... usually when I read posts, my fingers start itching to comment and all my 'save time/prioritize/etc' goals go up in smoke. We shall see...

5 comments:

lnkmom said...

Aw, isn't that how it always works! Glad you got your 2 minutes!

I didn't comment on the other thread, but know you love us all even if you need a break!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Don't you love mornings like that. Jack slept in this morning too and I took advantage by taking a shower without him banging on the door! I'm glad you got your 2 minutes.

Jason and Joy said...

I love the few minutes that I sometimes get to myself in a day....they are the best! I think that picture of your boys is so cute! What a good big brother Weston is!

Des said...

haha. We all understand. too busy for blogging...common thats not our priority here!
I love that post- because that is so how it is! 2 minutes-literally! hopefully you get more moments so you can catch up on life!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole this is Ben Hoy! Earlier this year I became aware of this blogging universe and I came across yours and was checking it out. You were pregnant at the time and had a count down until the baby was born. Then you set your blog to private! Anyway now it is back up and running so I can see it, and the baby is born! Pretty cute baby boy. Looks like he is a happy little guy too!! Your older one Weston in some pictures reminds me of your Dad.

Anyway we should get together next time you guys are down. I would like to meet your husbands and kids etc...

Send me an email when you get a chance and lets do something. I am "assuming" that you will be down for Christmas. I know that is a busy time of year with family, but if you Shar and Chelsea are able to break away and do something that would be cool. Let me know... Talk to you soon.

I do not know if you have seen our family blog or not: www.Erinhoy.blogspot.com
Email: Ben@propacificbee.com

PS: Sorry for the long, long comment. I would send an email, but I do not know your email address.