Monday, March 17, 2008

Top 11 Names

This picture is Weston and my dad. I haven't uploaded new pics in awhile so I thought I'd post one of my old favorites. Since we're posting the top 11...I thought this was fitting: see what name goes with Weston the best and this is a pic of my Dad (Daniel) who the baby is getting named after!
Okay folks....drum roll please.....
After much thinking, searching, debating and yes, shedding of tears (haha) Here are our Top 11 names. (we just couldn't cut it down AnY further)
We ARE still open to further suggestions. So if you hear something you think we may LOVE...please come post a comment and let us know! These are just what's in the running for now! With only 7 more Saturdays until this little guy is here..we thought we'd get started.
Thanks to EVERYONE who has made suggestions and listened to all of our naming predicaments. We LOVE you for it and really had a tough time coming up with a list that we both agreed on.
So, without further ado, here they are:


  • Asher Daniel
  • Bridger Daniel
  • Camden Daniel
  • Jace Daniel
  • Jett Daniel
  • Rayner Daniel
  • Rowan Daniel
  • Ryder Daniel
  • Tallan Daniel
  • Canon or Tannon Daniel
  • Ty Daniel


I put the middle name with each name because I am a visual person and like to see how it looks together.
Also, feel free to comment on your favs./unfavs but don't take it personally if we pick one you said you didn't like!
We LOVE you all!!!


I posted a limerick in Shar's contest...so go to her blog: travisandshar.blogpot.com and VOTE for mine! (I think you'll be able to figure out which one it is!)


Happy St. Patrick's Day

23 comments:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I'm going to be a little biased and say that Ty is my favorite, mainly because I have a nephew named Tyler and another nephew named Ty...on different sides of the family in case you were wondering! They are all cute and I don't think you could go wrong. Good Luck!!

Amy said...

That's a great list of names! I don't know if I can wait 7 more Saturdays to meet the little guy and find out what his name is going to be!

Lori said...

That's a good lookin' list. My vote is for asher. The y names "ty/ ryder" might be a bit much with drysdale as a last name, but that might just be how they're hitting my ear currently.
I'm glad you're making some headway in the name department though!

The1stdaughter said...

Okay, so my vote is for Camden or Tallan. I know I should be biased and pick Jace, because that's our son's name, but I am not sure I like it with the middle and last name. Who knows? I could be totally weird, but you guys will pick one thats perfect for him I am sure of it!

Amanda said...

I think Camden is my favorite, with still Ryder as my second. You have done so good to narrow it down this much already. Congrats- you guys are doing better! Oh my gosh.... 7 more Saturdays! Wow that sounds so soon!

lnkmom said...

OK, so I'm not the first to say this but I like Camden...

I think it goes well with the middle name and with Weston. Call me crazy, but I think kids names should all sound like they fit in the same family!?!

Amy said...

ok, I showed the names to James and we both agreed that Rowan is a great name. I used to babysit a Rowan and he was a major cutie...so maybe I'm biased. My second choice is Camden. :)

The Hills... said...

Whoo I like Jace Daniel. I think that is super cute. But anything you pick will be great. It might just take seeing him in person to know what name fits him! Good luck!

Leslee P said...

Camden or Ryder- these are my favorites...

Crystal said...

I'm a bit late, but I meant to tell you two more names. Tayton is one and Kiyton (the first part pronounced like Kite, I just don't know exactly how to spell it). You could call him Ky or again, spelled however...Kai Kye, whatever.

Unknown said...

Ty (would it be Tyson or just Ty?)or Tanner, I really like both of those. They are both cute. Good luck. Man 7 more Saturdays huh? Gotta be nice to be that close!

Karen said...

That's a good list of names! Your dad and I don't know which are our favorite yet, but he likes the middle name! He suggested a new name- Ronan with a long o. Mom

nathan said...

I like em! I think my fav- not that you are asking is tannon, rowan and jace. cant believe he will be here so soon! are you ready?

Cassi said...

I still love Ryder and Jace the most. They both sound good with the middle and last name too. I also like Bridger. I like Camden too but I'd worry that he'd end up being called Cammy for short!?

Littleton Young Womens said...

Way cute! It is funny to me I have cousins named Bridger, Camden, and Ryder. They are all great I really like Jace, Ty and Ryder. How fun I love this topic of discussion and always have an opinion! I can't wait to see what you pick!

Littleton Young Womens said...

Shoot, once again I forgot to log out-duh!!! This is me, KELLY. Sorry!

MelissAbreu said...

i like Tannon a lot!!! like a lot lol if you dont name any of your upcoming kids that im going ot steal it!! its going to be a long while tho lol!!! haha jk

Love you!!!!
Mel

Life is SWEET said...

Name picking is fun:) Let's face it;it also can be hard to decide. I will give you my input. I love all of the names that you have chosen:) I especially love Jett Daniel.I will tell you why?I think that it is a name that is cute for a little boy and appropriate for a teenage boy and very sophisticated for a man. I really do like all yor choices and all of them sound GREAT:)Joy Clark-Smercak

Karen said...

Michele Mecham says: Ilove the name of Asher Daniel. I also love Ashok. I think I read that name in a book I read several years ago when Ashley was the only girl name anyone could think of and of course he was the handsome hero. It also sounds like a General Authority.

Shar said...

I like Jett and Ryder the best. Talon is cool. Asher can be cut down to a not so good nickname, so that's why I say no on that one.

love you! and we love him - no matter what his name may be!

Allison said...

I like Jett best (it's the name Tim and I want if we have a boy- Jett Mason) my second is Tannon.
Good luck!

the elgan family said...

So our vote is for Camden...so cute! It appears that it is a favorite among others, too!!!! Overall, very cool names...and just think, you can tuck the list away and possibly save the rest for a later date!!! But who knows...there could be girls in your future!

Kira said...

Well since you named your first son Weston Scott and thats my brothers name... You could name him either Garen, Chase or Tyson to follow that same trend :0 Just kidding. I like Camden though. I think its cute and sounds well with the last and middle name :)