As we have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of our darling (name unknown) niece, we have had to come up with some fun things to pass the time! This isn't so difficult for Shar & Trav, who are working like crazy, taking classes, and trying to enoy those last kid-free moments. Even Jeff, who started teaching seminary this past week, has been busier than ever getting ready for school to start and preparing a classroom. So that left me and West, who just cannot wait to have another little someone to play with during the day! So here is what we've been up to this month:
Playing!!!
Baby in a bag!
Yes, he is actually in there folks. In case you think this was some cruel kid punishment, cast your worries aside, he loved it so much he didn't want to pop out for a picture. He is just chillin in there. Too funny!
Cleaning!! (the never-ending task)
Weston decided to chip in one day. Again, if you are thinking that I am such a cruel mom to put my 14 month old to work-- he honestly volunteered. That means I did NOT force him. haha. If you don't believe me, see the picture below:
See, he is happy. It might take the mom who is with him everyday to tell you, but that is NOT a grimace, it is a grin. He was laughing and singing while he worked. True story!
Finding cool new hiding places!!
(NO, he was NOT hiding from the cleaning or the bag!) This is his latest favorite spot- in the closet. Usually the laundry basket sits right where he is, but he pulls it right off and takes a seat. This kid just cracks me up!
Growing UP!!
Doesn't this outfit make him look so old?! He is doing more and more new things every day. His latest trick that he loves is dancing in one place or walking backwards. He also lets mom put lots of cute clothes on him and make him 'model' them for pictures. Check out those adorable tennis shoes...would you believe I got them for FREE?! Yes, some people give hand-me-downs like this away for free. Thank you to Shar's friend who passed them on. I won't be so kind...every boy I have will have to wear them until they wear out!
Reading!!!!
What can I say- he takes after his mom. Funny thing, though, the majority of the time he looks at books upside down. What does that mean?!
Snuggling!!
He LOVES his blanket. We got two of them so that we could rotate them through the wash, but he recently realized there are TWO and now he wants to drag BOTH of them around. Oh dear, and we were trying to figure out how to get him to let go of ONE in the future!!!
Here he is loving the pb&j AND showing off what he has been working on all month: his new teeth!! What a handsome little fella!
These are just a very few of the many many things we have been doing this month. We've also hung out with family and friends, gone shopping, had dinner at a friend's house, had dinner at family's house (hmmm...we better start having some people over), gone swimming, jogging, to movies, on dates, and just plain old had FUN!!! We're loving life!!!
Well, we hope all of you are having a great August!! Let us know what's up!
Love you all!
11 comments:
What cute pictures. I can't believe how big and grown up Weston looks! Also I really like your hair Nicole, you look so pretty in that picture of you and Jeff.
Wow! Can he come clean our apartment? Or maybe Amanda needs him to come help swiffer! ha ha.. Cute. I love it. I can't wait to hang out with my kiddos all day long.
I cant believe how grown up Weston looks! He is so cute. It looks like you have been staying busy this month. I am finally done traveling for the summer so give me a call because we need to hang out, especially since our husbands are so busy!
Weston looks so much older with teeth and new shoes and more hair! I can't believe how much he has changed in a months time!!
man Nicole, Weston is ADORABLE!!! He is even cuter now than when I last saw him! Hope you're well!
Your hair looks super cute (as always). Weston is so cute and old too. I'm excited for your new niece and our little girl to arrive. Maybe they can share a birthday. Tell Jeff good luck with seminary.
Of course you can. I thought it was too cute, and thanks for the advice. It is always good to see what other Mommies do to help their little ones. Your family is so adorable!!! Love the pics of Little Weston! He is such a little Hammm!!!
Thanks to all of you who made me feel good about my hair! You're too nice!
Yay! I have found your blog finally! WESTON'S HUGE!!! What happened to your sweet little baby? He's so grown up! We're excited to see you guys soon. I'm glad you had a good birthday.
I just spotted your Blog. Hurray for post-college life! Weston looks so different now, and his hair is lighter :) Good luck with Seminary, Jeff!
Nicole,
I found your blog through Adam Phillips. This is Debbie (Christensen) MacKenzie from Ricks. Your family is so cute! Weston is SO cute and how fun that you get to get yours and Allison and Gregg's kids together. I miss being close to all of my college friends. You are pregnant again? I am pregnant with number three right now. We've lived in Michigan the past 2.5 years and love being close to family. Check out our blog when you get a chance! www.mackenzie4family.blogspot.com You looke SO GOOD by the way, I might add!
Debbie
Post a Comment