Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Zoo!!!
Weston and I were able to go to Texas for a week before the rest of the family joined us! We had so much fun with Mom, Dad, Joe, Amanda, & Cole. Dad took us to the zoo and the kiddos loved it! :) (The pictures are going to be a little out of order because I wanted to put Jonathan's homecoming at the top. But I am having trouble loading pics so I'm just going to publish this one and then work on posting the real reason why we were in Texas: for Jonathan!!!)




So this is too funny...Weston wasn't too fond of his hat...and Cole really loved his!! Aren't they just too cute. I love my little boy and my only nephew!!! It was such a blast to see them together and to watch them play. We definitely have some fun times ahead!!!







Checking out some of the cool animals!!!

The following pictures are some awesome shots Dad took of the animals. He managed to escape being in ANY pictures himself...so I wanted to show off his work. He took about 80 pictures at the zoo that day...I only wish I could show them ALL to you!! I think the orangutan is my favorite..Jeff's fav. is the bald eagle. I admit, it does inspire! Enjoy!





Tiger fun!!!



Okay, Weston is like his mom: the white tiger was his ABSOLUTE favorite animal. He was able to stand right by the glass while the tiger was pacing in front of him. He watched it for SO long and every time it would pass right in front of him, he would just bust up laughing. It was the cutest thing and Dad was able to catch it in pics. (sort of...nothing could capture the laugh!) This was definitely mine and Weston's highlight at the zoo!!



Amanda and cute Cole checking out one of the animals.


The girls!! (we missed you Amy!)


Grandma with the cute kiddos!! Don't you just love their hats?! (and I'm sorry mom that this is the one with your eyes closed...blogger wouldn't load the other one, I tried about 5 times and it never worked. crazy thing! But you still look great to me!!)

A few random favorites:


Okay, how cute is this snuggling?! LOVE it!!



Weston LOVES his blanket....and Cole did too! It was so funny to see them tugging on it and learning to "share" They were so fun together and we can't wait to see what buds they'll be as they get older!!


Sharing...they are getting so cute together!


Our San Antonio Trip!!
We drove down to San Antonio (5 hours from Dallas) and were able to visit a lot of family we haven't seen in a LONG time:
Gramma and Papa, Aunt Trycia and Uncle Mike, Erin, Cynthia & Belle, Aunt Betsy and Kayla & Benjamin and then Dad's side of the family: Grandma & Grandpa Keefe.
We had a blast and crammed a ton of fun into a short time!!


All the grandkids with Gramma & Papa!!
From left to right: Jonathan, Amanda, Cole, Joe, Papa, Gramma, Amy, James, Nicole, Jeff, Weston. FRONT: Erin, Cynthia, Belle, Benjamin, & Kayla!!!


The Alamo!!!
We were able to visit the Alamo and the River Walk in San Antonio. It was so neat to see such a historical place and to read about what happened there.
We were able to spend the day with the family (we missed you Cynthia!) and had so much fun getting to know them better in the short time we had! We love and miss them all so much!!


The bridge over the river walk!! It is the coolest place, with shops and restaurants lining the river. It is so gorgeous and we were able to go on a boat tour of the river, thanks to Dad!! Thanks again Dad, for everything!!

Having fun on the tour boat (on the river)







All the beautiful sisters!!! I have heard how fun mom and her sisters can be together and it was such a blast to get to see them in action!

Mom & Aunt Pat (on the right). It was so much fun to see family that we haven't seen in way TOO long! We love all of you and miss you tons!!

Mom & her sister, Betsy. (the left picture) We got to meet Betsy and her adorable kids: Kayla & Benjamin for the first time. We already LOVE them!!! They are SO much fun!!!









Weston & Cole's first ride on a mini merri-go-round! So cute. They LOVED it!


What is a trip to Texas without the POOL?!
This is where we tried to spend much of our time!!!

Nicole & Amy chillin in the pool!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love all the pictures and posts of your trip!!