Tuesday, July 24, 2007

SPT- What do you do to stay cool in the summer?

Okay, my first ever SPT, I am so excited! For those of you who haven't read my earlier post, an SPT is a Self-Portrait-Tuesday. Enjoy my weekly entries!!

So what I do to stay cool in the summer. My first and most important idea: pool, pool, pool. How convenient that we happened to move into an apartment with a pool. We have already had a blast and Weston loves it. Thanks to everyone who has come over to enjoy the very coolness of it!
But seriously, the pool really only happened in the last week and we have been having an incredibley hot summer. :) So here are my ideas of what worked the best:

~Our old place had a swamp cooler that only worked in the bedroom so Weston and I would love to go stand right in front of it. What a blast. Literally of very cold air. Ahh...sweet relief!
~Standing in front of the fridge or freezer worked as well, of course with them open.
~Spritzing water on Weston with the squirt bottle. He always laughed so hard, and loved the coolness. Well, I'm assuming he loved the coolness, he always came back for more!
And my personal favorites :
~ Grab an ice cold drink. Water is my drink of choice, followed very closely by a cherry slurpy with pina-colada flavor added to make it extra special. Mmm... just the thought is making me taste it already! I also recommend staying away from sodas. Honestly, they do NOT quench the thirst. What-so-ever.
And my grand finale, my ta-da, my cooler-offer of choice:
~Put your baby down for a nap, turn the fan on high facing you directly, sit down, kick up your feet, and read a book. Works every time. The comfort of a good book can take your mind off anything. Opening the pages and escaping into another life, another adventure, another world works a magic like nothing else. And if you need extra help, read a book where the characters are in the midst of winter snows and blizzards. Are you cooling off already?!

Enjoy your summer and stay cool!

Forgive me for no pics- I am in Texas away from my home computer!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! I'm already craving a cherry slurpy with pina colada! Hope you're having a blast in TX! We can't wait to get there! love ya!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love summer, too! I think pool time is my favorite thing in life, in general. Well, its definitely in the top 10. Maybe we should make a 7-11 run today?!!

April Austin said...

Mmm... when I thought about reading a "cool" book, I thought of Edward in twilight because he's always cold! What that must be like in Texas during the summer!