Thursday, June 21, 2007

WhAt a OnE-dErFuL DaY!!

June 13, 2007 ~ Happy Birthday Weston!!
This past year has flown by much faster than we ever imagined. People would tell us to appreciate these early days because they pass quickly... but of course you don't fully realize it until they're gone. We have tried to treasure every moment (well, I do NOT miss the 2 am feedings one bit!) and hopefully we've succeeded. If nothing else, we've taken enough pictures to last a lifetime! We truly have loved and enjoyed becoming parents. Weston has brought so much joy and life into our home. I don't know what we would do without him! I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan and that we get to be a part of it by bringing such a sweet little boy into our home. I am looking forward to this next amazing year as our little "toddler" takes off! He is already doing so many new and fun things that each day truly is a joy to watch him learn and grow. I love being a mom. Thank you to everyone who has shared their love with our little boy and our family! We appreciate you all so much and are so grateful to have you in our lives.




I don't think we had one picture where we were all looking at the same camera!!


A view of the party setup. Shar & Trav let us have it at their cute home. We did it in the front yard since it was a little more shady and not quite as hot. It turned out so cute. We wrapped crepe paper all around the posts in front too and had balloons tied to each one. I love parties!!!

Thanks so much for letting us do it at your house, you guys are awesome!!!
And thanks to everyone who came and helped out, you made it so great and such a fun celebration for our little guy! We love you all!!!


So I opted for the fun, easy cake this year! We just did a color theme for West's party and it turned out so cute. (I am a little biased since I planned the whole thing!) Mom Drysdale was here from Texas and it was so fun hanging out with her for 3 days!! (she was here longer, but I was in Cali part of the time) She helped so much with all of the party stuff and it was a blast having her here. We miss you already!!


Amy, James, and Mom Drysdale!
We couldn't have done it without you guys, thanks for ALL of your patience and help!


Chels, Rob, & Syanne!


Aunt Joanne drove down to be here for the party! Thanks Joanne!

Steph, Brett, & Noah came to celebrate too! (Noah will be 1 in 5 weeks!)


Our friends Al, Greg, & Evie came to the party!


He loved playing with Uncle Trav and the balloons, I don't know which was his favorite!


Hanging out with Aunt Shar!

Blowing out the birthday cupcake!


Enjoying his birthday cupcake! He left the hat on for quite awhile and then he was done. The cupcake was devoured...so cute, and then he decided to rub his hands in his hair! Nothing like a good cupcake mess!


What a serious look!


Weston, Evie, Noah, & Syanne Birthday party fun! Jeff's mom got the hats and I was so glad...aren't they adorable?!

7 comments:

The Evers said...

WOW you updated a ton! I am so glad! Weston's party looks like a blast! I am so sorry we missed it! Your family is so cute!

Amy said...

We're so happy we could celebrate with you for Weston's 1st! It was a blast and you did such a great job with all the decorations. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, it makes me SOOO jealous that all of you get to hang out. The cupcakes looked cute. I love Weston in the grass wtih the party hat on, what a cute kid!

The Hills... said...

Happy Birthday Weston!! I hope our kids turn out as cute as yours!

Stephanie said...

Weston's party was so fun! Thanks for inviting us. We love getting to see everyone. It has been so fun to watch Weston his first year. He is so cute and such a fun kid! I'm glad he and Noah get to be little buddies!

Jen and Joe. said...

I can't believe it's already been a year...Time surely flies...and it's a little bit sad that they can't be babies forever... =)

The Evers said...

Nicole- Thank you for your sweet note! I really wanted to get over and say goodbye. Everything took longer then I thought-you know how that goes! Anyway, you are so sweet i have really loved having you as a friend this year! I hope your move goes well! Keep blogging! Take care and thanks for everything, we will miss you guys!