Stats
Height: 26.5 inches
Weight: 16 lbs
I just adore this age. Callen is so alert and loves his family. He watches everyone constantly and gives us huge grins when we talk to him, tickle him, and play with him.
He rolled over for the first time! Now, the minute he is placed on his back he rolls over to his tummy! He can't quite figure out how flip over to his back, but he'll get there. He doesn't love being on his tummy and definitely lets us know. :)
He also sucks on his bottom lip a lot. It is sooo darling!
He reaches for things constantly and is getting pretty good at grabbing EVERYTHING. He especially likes holding on to mommy's hair.
His favorite toys are the books that have the crinkle noise stuff inside. He plays with those a LOT and kind of grabs the other toys and shakes them until he drops them.
Still thinks his toes are awesome.
Sucks on his fingers.
He's taking bottles of pumped milk! Which is a pretty big deal because we're going to be apart for an entire day. Oh man, I don't know if I can handle it!
He is developing a little fear of strangers. We knew he was a home-body because of the trip to MO, but we didn't know that extended to new people as well. He's the sweetest, gentlest, happiest little guy, for us. He doesn't really like being held by anyone else. That's okay, we are so happy to hold him all the time!!
We've been working on a nap schedule. It's going okay. 4th babies just have to adapt, I guess. Between kindergarten, preschool, play dates, and grocery trips things are kind of crazy during the day. But we're working on it and trying to be home at nap times as much as possible.
He's an A+ sleeper at nights,though. I scooted his bedtime up to 8:30. We'll do that for another little bit and then move it up to 8 after that. So far, so good.
He discovered his voice even more! He loves to talk back and forth with us and have conversations. It is awesome.
Dear Callen,
Little boy, can I just tell you that I am even more in love with you today than the day I brought you home? It's true. We all are. When you talk to us, you make us each feel like we are the most important person in your life. And you are that important to us.
I love that when I reach for you, your eyes light up, you smile and wiggle your little body in anticipation of our hug. My arms wrap around you and you immediately find your spot between my neck and shoulder. You nuzzle your head in and curve your body to fit just right. And then we both just laugh and smile and breath each other in.
Our family feels right and good and perfect in every way possible. Because you are here. Your brothers can't get enough of holding you and helping you. They all can't wait to hold you in the morning...and even at the end of the day, just when I think we are all at our grumpiest, I call out "who wants to hold Callen?!" and they all come running to the couch calling "me, me, me!!" All three of them. You do that. YOU. They want to be near you and feel of your calm and gentle spirit that tells them of Heaven.
Thank you for bringing such peace to our home.
We love you.
Love,
Mom, Dad, and your bros.

No comments:
Post a Comment