For those of you who follow our blog, you KNOW we have a hard time with boys' names.
This time around, we're just sticking with our previous lists, narrowing it down, and choosing our fav. We may add a new name or two, but if it has stuck around through two lists, it's probably a keeper. (we didn't have a list with Weston, I just kept saying the name until Jeff agreed, ha!)
This time around, we're just sticking with our previous lists, narrowing it down, and choosing our fav. We may add a new name or two, but if it has stuck around through two lists, it's probably a keeper. (we didn't have a list with Weston, I just kept saying the name until Jeff agreed, ha!)
Top 11 name list with Tave: (click the link to go to original 2008 post)
- Asher
- Bridger
- Camden
- Jace
- Jett
- Rayner
- Rowan
- Ryder
- Tallan
- Canon or Tannon
- Ty
Top name list with Ryder: (click the link to go to original 2010 post)
· Griffin
· Ryder
· Canon
· Ender
· River
· Rainer
· Ronan
· Rowan
· Ridge
· Maddox
· Madsen
· Teague
· Cruise
· Jett
· Gage
· Hunter
· Tallan
· Luke
· Ryder
· Canon
· Ender
· River
· Rainer
· Ronan
· Rowan
· Ridge
· Maddox
· Madsen
· Teague
· Cruise
· Jett
· Gage
· Hunter
· Tallan
· Luke
During our long car ride to CA, I was determined to come up with a list that we both liked, so hopefully this little man will get named sooner rather than later!
The first thing we did was put the two lists together and bolded/highlighted any names that were on BOTH lists. If there was a name we really liked and wanted to add it was added. We also left off names we didn't care for anymore:
Then we took out any of the names that had the same first letter as the other boys. We really like each boy to have his own initial. Which might seem funny, but it's a nice way to narrow things down. So that took out any W, T, & R names. Then we took off any names ending in 'ER' since Ryder's name ends in that and we also wanted a change.
Rayner
Rowan
Tallan
Hunter
Teague
After that, we each had veto power over another name on the list. Jeff had already chosen the middle name (which I am so happy with) so then, we put it through the middle name test: How does it sound with ________. A few great names were left and here is our final five:
Luke didn't survive the middle name testGriffin (Finn) way too popular due to Glee, darn it.
The first thing we did was put the two lists together and bolded/highlighted any names that were on BOTH lists. If there was a name we really liked and wanted to add it was added. We also left off names we didn't care for anymore:
Jace
Jett
Rayner
Rowan
Tallan
Canon
Luke
Hunter
Callen
Crew
Teague
Griffin (Finn)
Then we took out any of the names that had the same first letter as the other boys. We really like each boy to have his own initial. Which might seem funny, but it's a nice way to narrow things down. So that took out any W, T, & R names. Then we took off any names ending in 'ER' since Ryder's name ends in that and we also wanted a change.
Jace
Jett
Canon
Luke
Callen
Crew
Griffin (Finn)
After that, we each had veto power over another name on the list. Jeff had already chosen the middle name (which I am so happy with) so then, we put it through the middle name test: How does it sound with ________. A few great names were left and here is our final five:
Jace
Jett
Canon
Callen
Crew
I guess we're loving j's or c's this time around! We each have our favorites. Jeff's are Jace (which was his top choice with Baby #2 until we came up with Tave), Canon, & Jett and mine are Canon & Jett. So we'll see. We are most definitely still open to any and all suggestions!!
Whew, I'm impressed with anyone who has made it through our complex, naming game!
Thoughts are welcome. :)
8 comments:
That is a PROCESS!! Can't wait to see what you guys decided on. Personal favorite on the list is Crew. :)
I love Crew and Jett!
Ooh, great names! My friend's little boy is madsen and I love that name. I love Hudson, too! I'll start paying more attention to boy names and pass on anything I hear. Love ya! Sorry we kept missing each other today. :)
Quin is a new favorite, too.
I like seeing your process! Canon is my favorite. I finally read Forest Born and fell in love with the name Tusken. But I guess that doesn't pass the T test.
I think it is interesting to hear how other couples decide on their names. I really like Canon and Crew. I've always liked Crew, but it is a little more popular. I'm excited to see what you choose.
I'm going against popular opinion and picking Jace. I LOVE Jace. I loved that name but when we had a girl we decided to go with Jaycie. But everyone, including Owen, calls her Jace. I really do love it. For a boy I think it's unqiue and strong. Crew is adorable, but wildly popular right now. In conclusion, you should pick Jace. :) Come on, do it!
I like Amy's suggestion of Hudson
Post a Comment