We celebrated Mother's Day while we were in CA. It was an awesome day, just a little weird not being with my hubby. We did get to be with my sister & mom, so that made it great!
We skyped with Mckenon for his mother's day call. He's in Portugal serving a mission for our Church. He is doing amazing. His camera wasn't working, so we couldn't see him, but he could see us which was great. He got to 'see' all the kids and they loved saying hi. It was so good to hear his voice and hear him bear his testimony of the Gospel and this incredible work.
We hung out & played with the kids
Went for a walk to the playground
Had fun playing together
and had a delicious dinner and dessert. Trav made dinner while we were outside with the kiddos. He did his best to make Mother's Day special for all of us, which was super impressive since he was the only guy around!
After the kiddos went to bed we talked, laughed, opened gifts, and watched a show.
It was perfect!
I am so blessed to be a mom. Whenever I start feeling like I don't get enough done, or the house is always a mess, or I am not on top of things, I look around and realize that I am doing my best at being a mom. Everything else can fall to pieces as long as I am the best mom I can be.
These sweet boys are what matter most. And I am so grateful for the things they teach me every single day.
I always dreamed of being a mom and I'm lucky enough to get to live that dream every day with my boys.
Happy Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment