I'm a little late in posting this, but I had to share our fabulous St. Patties Day.
We had so much fun with the boys.
We started off the day by picking out our green outfits.
Weston was absolutely thrilled that he got to wear green and even more thrilled that the entire family matched. Matching is one of his favorite things. (hmmm...he is my child!!) I had a darling green cardigan I wanted to wear, but West picked a different shirt for me. What can I say, I love making him happy.
During playtime with Daddy, a little leprechaun friend came to visit. He left footprints all over the house and when we followed them, we found the treasure he left for us.
The boys really liked following the footsteps, and they loved the green treats and toys that Mr. Leprechaun left, but Weston was SO sad he didn't get to talk to our leprechaun. He kept asking to see him, but you know, those little guys are quick. ;)
So to help Weston not miss our friend quite as much, we colored pictures of the leprechaun instead.
Dinner, of course, was a deliciously green meal: green eggs, green milk. Well, that's it. But it was festive and yummy.
We'll definitely be carrying on these green traditions through the years!

4 comments:
What a fun day! I'm excited for next year when Ava will care a little bit more about fun holidays. :)
I will definitely have to start that tradition next year! We had wanted to do our 2nd annual St. Patty's Day party, but I was too overwhelmed from our month of craziness. So hopefully next year!
How fun! I can't beleive I actually forgot about St. Patrick's Day and green is my favorite color! Bummer. I'm glad you made such a fun day of it though!
I love the little leprechaun idea. How fun!
Post a Comment