He made his bed, by himself, without me asking.
Honestly, I usually don't have him make his bed, so this was self taught. What a great kid!!
I just look at this picture and get all smiley and happy and think 'awwww, my baby is growing up.'
We started computer games!! Weston absolutely LOVED it!! It was fun to show him something new and have him be so thrilled.
I was a little hesitant at first to get him hooked on another form of media and entertainment. But Jeff and I both feel like learning how to work on a computer is an important and needed skill for todays children. Also, as long as we keep the games educational and limit the amount of time he spends playing them, it can be beneficial to his growth and development. I'm curious to hear any of your thoughts on this??!
Meanwhile, look how enthralled he was:
He liked it so much he even smiled for the camera for me, that's amazing! ;)
For anyone interested, the computer game we have is Reader Rabbit Toddler.
We used this game at Giant Steps, the preschool I worked in for children with autism. It is a GREAT game and teaches really good concepts in a fun way. I like that the kids can start learning to use the mouse, but don't have to get things exact for the computer to know what they want. It's an easy way to build those skills as well as shapes, letters, sounds, etc.
I highly reccommend this game!! Reader Rabbit Preschool is another great game to grow with your child!
Also, I ordered my game through Bird Rock Family.
It is very inexpensive (like $4.00 + FREE shipping inexpensive!!)
I heard about them through Marie, of Make and Takes. Thanks again, Marie!
They keep prices low by only sending you the cd-rom, no instructions. But you can access the user-manuel and any instructions online.
They are toddler games, though, so super super easy to use.
Have fun!
4 comments:
I remember playing Reader Rabbit when I was a kid. I'll have to check those out. Thanks! Kurt also loves computer games. We play games on pbs.org and playhousedisney.com. Some are educational and some aren't. The skills they learn --using the mouse, coordination, following instructions-- are great even if the game isn't as educational. Also, I really like starfall.com. It's a website to teach letters and early reading skills. They have different activities for each age. My kids have liked it a lot.
Hey, I was going to tell you about starfall.com too. Jordie loves it, even though he doesn't always "get" everything. He also likes the games on playhousedisney.com, but I really have to limit his time on that site, because he would stay on it all day long if I let him.
I just ordered that game for Jackson. I hope he enjoys it as much as Weston does! Thanks for the great web site and computer game.
Check out starfall.com. I'm with you about computer games and media...the Winter gets very very long!
Post a Comment