Monday, March 09, 2009

Draper Temple

*
We were able to go to the Draper Temple Open House.
It was such a beautiful and special morning. Weston recognizes and talks about the temple quite a bit so we knew this was a wonderful opportunity to actually bring him inside.

When we told Weston where we were going, and that the Temple is Heavenly Father's house, he got really excited and asked if we would see Jesus while we were there.
I loved being able to tell him, that yes, we'll see Jesus: that we will see pictures of him and feel His Spirit and maybe even see Him. (because if anyone would, I firmly believe it would be all the little children who enter His house.)

It was neat to walk through with the boys and know that because of the covenants we make there we are able to be a family- forever.
We sat down in one of the rooms and Weston asked me to sing him a song. Of course I sang "I love to see the Temple" and of course it made me cry.
The boys did great the entire time and truly seemed to enjoy the experience. I know that their sweet little spirits felt the Spirit while we were there.
I love our boys and my sweet husband.
I am so grateful that we will be together always.
What a wonderful reminder of the sacredness of families.

ps. The boys loved the bus ride and the cookies afterwards. Overall, the entire trip was very memorable!
*This picture was not taken inside the temple- don't worry!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love that Weston was talking about the temple today. And I honestly think that Ava (and all kids) feel comfort in the priesthood, and definitely feel the spirit. What an awesome experience!

Unknown said...

That is such an awesome experience. Ever since working at an open house I have always wanted to take my family through one.

Shar said...

that is so neat! We should have gone. We'll all have to go to see the one that Trav is working on :)

thanks for sharing your awesome temple experience. I loved reading this post.