My fabulous friend, Liz, gave us some zucchini from her garden. Her garden is beautiful. Someday I will get ambitious and tear out the cement bricks that are half my backyard, cut down the rotten apple tree, and plant a beautiful garden. But until then, I am loving the zucchini from Liz. Thank you, thank you, thank you Liz!!!
I baked up some delicious bread. It truly was scrumptious. Weston devoured it and Jeff ate an entire loaf himself. Here's the recipe:
Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 to 1 cup raisins or dates, optional
Preparation:
Beat eggs until light and foamy; add vegetable oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Mix lightly but blend thoroughly.
Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; mix lightly. Add dry ingredients to first mixture, stirring to blend. Stir in walnuts and raisins or dates, if using.
Pour batter into two loaf pans, 9x5x3-inches in size. Bake at 325° for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near center of a loaf comes out clean.
Cool and serve or wrap and freeze.
4 comments:
oh that sounds delish. I need to come over to your house.
Ammon and I loved the bread...it was the best we have ever had...seriously! Thank you for the bread! I will have to bring some more over!!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Our neighbor keeps giving us zucchini and I have been looking for a good bread recipe! You have solved all of my problems!!
It sounds delicious! I would love to eat some of that right now. But I just don't feel like making it... Darn.
Post a Comment