Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I feel lucky, oh so lucky...


Finding a cricket is supposed to bring good luck.
Right? Right.
If this is the case, then we are going to be one darn lucky family.
We have found not 1, not 2, no not even 3 crickets...
we have found no less than 10 (at last count) crickets in our home.
And this is all in the span of about 5 days.
Yesterday we found 3. 3!
Weston is fascinated.
But scared because they jump. Apparently the wasp sting taught him something about bugs.

Good thing they don't quite freak me out like spiders.

8 comments:

ashley marie said...

I feel you on the spider thing -- although trying to catch a jumping black bug freaks me out for some reason. That wind festival looked like a lot of fun!
Anyway, I was wondering if you are reading any good books right now. I looked at your list of rec. and the ones I hadn't read I reserved at the library. I was bummed to see that I'm number 20 on the list for The Book Thief - it sounds good (I wanted to bring a good book or two to the hospital). Have you read If I am Missing or Dead? Holy cow, I never cry and this book made me get all emotional. I don't know if it would be up your alley or not. Let me know if you have any other recommendations!

lnkmom said...

Yes, count yourself lucky!

We have had no less than 2 wasps in our living room every day for almost a month! No one has been hurt yet, but I'm sick of seeing them. We can't figure out where the nest is...

nathan said...

cricket? insteresting :) you are right way better than spiders!Hey so how is school going for jeff and you guys??

Amanda said...

So funny!! At least they are small crickets, right?? Check your shoes before you put them on... they like to hide in there. Well, I guess it is still flip flop season. Good luck!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

Oh my goodness we have exactly the same problem right now. We find them EVERYWHERE. In our drop ceiling in our lower level, under beds, behinds doors, in the sock drawer AND apparently they like Liam's underwear because I've found one in his drawer and one on his bum after putting a pair of underwear on. Luckily he isn't to traumatized. The worst part about them is they don't SHUT UP!

charity said...

would this be similar to the miracle of the seagulls? maybe ya'll should start praying for some birds...when we lived in long beach after we all left san marcos, we had a whole season where tired bees would show up on the kitchen counters, we never figured out from where, but they were hardly walking like they were exhausted, bill would put a knife with honey on it out, and they would walk on, and he'd escort them outside and they'd fly away again, luckily no one was stung, he thinks they were relocating the hive ,and got lost? so weird...one day, we'll get to the other side, and find out what was up with the bees that year...I agree, at least they aren't spiders! just think of all the fun your boys will have chasing hopping crickets all around your house, ah, memories

Meg said...

Oh I hear you about the cricket thing... I am going to have years and years of luck... unless you aren't suppose kill the crickets you find... then I am going to be in baaaaaaaaaaaaad shape... I am so tired of crickets... I have killed 3-5 per day for a week or so... liukily they have all been in the basement... Everytime I down to the basement to do laundy or get in the food pantry and I hear a cricket then I go on a cricket hunt... I listen and track down the little buggers and I know there are times the crickets are working in tandum. They are trying trick me as to their location... I am bent over listening and a doing a head dance trying calking my head one direction then the other direction to figure out where the chirping is coming from...Once I zero in on the location were they are hiding they are either stepped on or sprayed with bug spray....

Weston is so cute... I can't believe how big he is getting... It's amazing!! Are you getting excited about your Mom coming up... I wish I could come out then too!! But alas... I have to work... I am working in the Dave Ramsey budget system and this time next year I WILL NOT be working to live.... right now I am working so many hours... the good thing is that I do enjoy wht I do!! Okay enough about me... Love you and miss you!!

Love... Auntie Meg

Unknown said...

Do NOT get me started on crickets. All I have to say is where are the seagulls or at least Josh. That wind festival looks way cool! My spinning class is at the rec center. It is a bit more expensive than the gym but there is no contract so I'll take it. And Joshie love the day care.