BIG Thump! Screaming and crying.
I KNEW, with 100% certainty, exactly what that sound was. Call it mother's intuition. I was out of bed faster than I have moved since Tave was born. Believe me, it was fast. Of course a million crazy scary things that COULD have happened flew through my head. I imagined blood everywhere from him cracking his head on the dresser that is next to the crib. I imagined broken arms or legs from landing on them wrong. I imagined worse, but I'll spare you all of my crazy imaginings. Yup, Weston was laying on the floor of his room. Which means he got himself out of his crib. Somehow. After comforting and cuddling my sweet little, very scared, boy I did a check from head to toe. He wouldn't tell me where it hurt and after calming down he asked for toys. So crisis over. He's okay. I, however, am still shaking with my heart pounding.
I KNEW, with 100% certainty, exactly what that sound was. Call it mother's intuition. I was out of bed faster than I have moved since Tave was born. Believe me, it was fast. Of course a million crazy scary things that COULD have happened flew through my head. I imagined blood everywhere from him cracking his head on the dresser that is next to the crib. I imagined broken arms or legs from landing on them wrong. I imagined worse, but I'll spare you all of my crazy imaginings. Yup, Weston was laying on the floor of his room. Which means he got himself out of his crib. Somehow. After comforting and cuddling my sweet little, very scared, boy I did a check from head to toe. He wouldn't tell me where it hurt and after calming down he asked for toys. So crisis over. He's okay. I, however, am still shaking with my heart pounding.

16 comments:
I know it's still early, but that is one of my fears for Erica. I already have a mat on the floor next to her crib. Glad Weston is okay. Your kids are so cute.
We are also glad to hear Weston is okay. Talmage has been distraught enough with naps that I've wondered about his ambitions to get out, but luckily he just throws his little puppy out when he gets really mad. I think the little bed will be a great birthday present for Weston too. Wish him happy birthday for us (I know it's not until next week.)
you are just lucky he waited until he was this old to make his escape...Sage learned how to crawl over the bar when she was less than a year, and she would just hang on the outside of the bars of the crib until we realized she was up, can I tell you how fast that crib was out of the picture! we switched to a toddler bed which is still what our babies sleep in once they leave our bed...I'm sorry for the emotional rollercoaster...one of my least favorite things about being a parent, you know it is bad and by the time you find out exactly how bad someone is hurt and what you need to do about it, I'm already emotionally exhausted. glad he's ok, your baby is so cute...we have the same problem with baby catching toddlers cold each time we have a baby! we just went through the same thing with danny, there is just no way to keep william from kissing on him and sharing germs...your boys are so sweet.
Ouch! Glad he's ok. I'm interested to see what kind you buy. I haven't found one I like yet. I'm still debating on this subject and when to do it. I hope the transition goes well.
I am glad everything is okay.
I was going to tell you to look on line for ideas for Weston's birthday. Whatever your theme is other people have done it before and then will give you better ideas than you could come up with alone. For two year olds don't plan too much. They are too little for much more than just a few small games and cake and presents. Otherwise they will get too tired and then you will be sad that they are crying in the pictures.
At least he waited til he was almost 2! Mckenon was only 10 months old! That was scary!
I had the same exact experience with Layla when she was about 18 mo. It is super scary and you go into super adrenaline mom mode. Luckily he's just fine.
Man, I am glad that Weston is OK, that is really scary!! The Boy has a bed like that and we love it. We put a big stuffed animal on the floor next to it because he falls out occasionally. Best part is that it is like 1 foot off the ground!! Good luck with the transition, ours went smooth, that letting him pick the sheets thing actually worked!!
I was just checking to see if anyone else left you advice on this and saw what Annie said about letting him pick the sheets. Good idea! We'll have to try that.
What a scary thing! I'm so glad he is all-right. I would have been imagining the worst, just like you! I can't wait to see his new big boy bed!!
haha, I'm sorry! I'm really glad he is ok! Umm I was going to buy a toddler bed- but I kept being told not to do it, they grow out of it so fast that I should just buy a twin, so I'm passing on the advice. I didn't ever buy one, but we were always getting them at the nursery and I have seen them sitting on sidewalks for free a low (since getting the advice of course I notice stuff like that) so...you might be able to get a good deal :) ALSO...Tave is getting big! I love the chubby cheeks.
I can totally empathize with this!!! However, it took her falling out a couple times to realize she does not like to be hurt. Now she just threatens to do it when she is really mad but never does. Problem solved! Well at least for a while! Did you find the cute bed at Ikea? I love it!
SCARY! :) I'm glad he's okay!
By the way, I forgot to ask you about the Site Reader. Where do I go for that?
Hey, I just looked up your blog, and YIKES! I'll have to ask you about an update on the whole toddler bed thing. How scary! You'll have to let us know if Weston adjusts okay to the toddler bed. (Cute blog, though. Your kids are so darling.)
We've been wanting to get one for Kayla too. I love the one yin the picture...is that the exact one you are getting? If so, where are you buying it? I love it!
Post a Comment