Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Weston!

June 13, 2008
Dear Weston,

You turned 2 years old today! I can't believe that you have been in our family for 2 entire years. They have flown by and have definitely been an adventure for us! You are getting to be such a big boy and growing so fast. You are so fun to be around and make us laugh constantly. No matter how frustrated I may be when you do something you shouldn't...I can't help but laugh out loud when I see your mischievous little grin and hear you say "sorry" in that sweet way of yours. Some of your favorite things to do are:
  • Play ball! Any kind any time. You love to have me and daddy tell you what kind of ball each one is and then you tell us what we can do with it: kick a soccer ball, throw (or spin) a football, catch a baseball, etc. We love playing with you!
  • Play outside! You love to explore and always find something to bring home. You always pick a flower, leaf, or pine cone to bring back to me and I LOVE getting these sweet little gifts. You are so thoughtful.
  • Find bugs! You search for bugs around the house, outside, anywhere you think they'll be hiding. You usually squish them and then like to bring them to show us. You think bugs are pretty cool and are fascinated with watching them.
  • Read books! You look at books every morning in your crib. You love to have me and dad read them to you and always point out the balls, bugs, etc on each page. You especially love books about animals and like to make the animal sounds when you read about them.
  • You love your little brother! Every morning, the first thing you say is "bebe", asking about Tave. You love to hold him and you give him kisses and hugs all the time. You especially like to give him a kiss when he is crying and you even share your blanket with him when he's upset. That is love!
  • You love to help! You bring me diapers, put away wipes, throw things in the trash, and just love to do anything that is helpful. I love having such a good helper and have so much fun cleaning and cooking with you.
  • Run! You love love love to run! You don't usually walk places- instead you RUN! You have this cute way that you kick your legs out when you run and it is so fun to watch! :)
  • Color! You love to color in coloring books or have me and dad draw you pictures of balls and fish. You are very interested in the different colors now and call most things yellow or 'yeyo'. Too cute!
  • Swing! You absolutely love swinging from bars. You make monkey noises and even lift up your feet as you swing back and forth. You are getting so strong and very daring! It sometimes scares me, but you love it and think you are so funny!
There are so many more fun things that you love to do!! You love bathtime, animals, fish, movies, music, dancing, wrestling, and anything active! You are saying so many new words and love to talk to us all the time. You are exciting and fun to be with and we love all of the many adventures that we get to have with you.

Weston, you are such a wonderful little boy and we love you more than we could ever say. Dad and I hope we are showing you just how important you are to us and our family. You hold a very very special place in our hearts and in our home. I love being your mommy and am so grateful that Heavenly Father lets me take care of you. I love you, bud. You are my sweet sweet little boy.
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

Birthday Suprise!

For Weston's birthday Jeff and I got him a basketball hoop. He was SO excited. We didn't have his party until the next day, but we just HAD to give him his gift on the actual day!!! Happy Birthday kiddo, we LOVE you!


This was his face when he first saw the basketball hoop...I think he couldn't actually believe it was his!





He was so cute and wanted EVERYONE to get a chance to shoot a basket...even Tave. :)

5 comments:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

What cute boys you have!! I love that Weston knows what to do with each ball. That is so awesome. I would love to get together soon if you would like. Let me know!

nathan said...

Happy birthday Weston! I bet he is not even the same boy that I babysat last time! growing way too fast. And I can't believe that Tave is 4 weeks old...well probably 5 now huh. And at the same time you look so amazing for only having a baby such a short time ago. Hope you are doing well!!

Amanda said...

How fun that we were there for his big day!! I will attest to his love for balls and his new hoop. And I have to say that Cole has asked for "Wes" several times since we've been home. It is so cute...

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Hey, I've been a slacker at commenting on blogs too, so no worries. Happy Birthday to Weston!!! Great pics and great idea for a b-day present.

Unknown said...

That basketball hoop is so cool! Must keep him busy for hours!!