Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jeff's Birthday Fun!

Jeff's Birthday turned out to be a great success! We had so much fun the day of and then celebrated with family the day after. Here are some of the highlights:



My fantastic guys. I love this pic.



Weston and I started out the day by making a birthday sign for Jeff while he slept in. It was so fun to actually have a little helper this year! He loved coloring with markers...especially since we don't use them very often. :) The sign was our best yet!


I made homemade cinnamon rolls for Jeff (he helped when he woke up) and they were FaNtaStiC!!!! If anyone wants the recipe let me know. They were so delicious and turned out great...especially since it was my first time making them! They took a little more time than we thought, but were OH sO Worth IT!!!!


The rest of his birthday we hung out with West and had fun. Then Al & Greg watched him while we went out to eat and to see August Rush. (Great great movie, highly recommend it!)
Shar & Trav picked up Weston from Al & Greg's after that so that I could surprise Jeff with a night to ourselves! It was so good to sleep in! Thanks everyone for helping make Jeff's birthday so wonderful! We had a blast.


The next day we celebrated his birthday with family. Since he's not a huge cake fan, we had Banana Splits! MMMMM....delish. Here is Jeff blowing out the candles on his ice cream!


Another great year under his belt! Here's who partied with us:

James & Amy


Jonathan & Elizabeth


Kapria (she's representing Shar & Trav too since I didn't get a photo!!! bummer) But isn't she a doll??!!!


Our cute little West found a perfect seat...like always. He's ready for bed in this pic and just had to chat on the phone really quick. haha

Thanks everyone for making his day so great! We love you all!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pictures!! All of them- looks so fun. We are so sorry we missed it. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, Weston's handwriting looks surprisingly like yours!! Just kidding!! I love that picture of him, though.

Shar said...

It was so fun to hang out with you guys. I think I was as excited about the surprise as you were :P We had so much fun with West, and I'm hoping to get those pictures posted this weekend.
And we loved the game we played with everyone! It was fun to get to know James & Amy & Jonathan a little more. Happy Birthday Jeff. You're officially over the 20's hill..you're on the downward slope to 30. ha ha ha!

Meg said...

Fist Nicole... I want to compliment you on your blog skin... it is so cute!! Makes me want to update mine... not tonite it is 11;38 pm... time for bed... Sounds like you and Weston had fun making Jeff's birthday a huge success. I know you are in CA since I talked with your Mom tonight... sure made me miss you guys... I had such a great time when you guys came out!!! All my kids are going to be in MO for the 4th of July... so if you want a fun place to celebrate our nations birthday...come this way!!

Love you like crazy....
CrAZy AunT meG

Phillips Family said...

I think you should make some cinnamon rolls for me. I crave them now...thanks for making me more hungry at work...

Nate and Katie said...

Hi Nicole! I'm glad Jeff's birthday was so much fun, and I hope you had a great time in CA. I definitely want the recipe for your cinnamon rolls. That's the one thing I craved quite a few times when I was pregnant with Tanner, and I've never gotten over it. :)

nathan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!! Its pretty depressing for us to see all the fun- we miss you guys a lot! It looks like his birthday was a blast, and you look so good Nicole! Oh by the way- I can't believe how big Kapria! she is really cute.