Well...Sat. morning we started out great. Making the bed together is always a fun family activity because we taught Weston how to throw pillows at dad. It's so much fun and we always laugh a ton.
Except this time Weston started falling off the bed. Mom jumps to the rescue and !VOILA! he is saved from hitting the floor very hard. (Our bed is pretty high) Oh wait, except he now has a huge long scratch down the center of his forehead OUCH! Jeff says at least I saved him the pain of hitting the floor...but I think that pain would be gone by now and instead he has a humongous scratch down the center of his face that everyone happens to stare at. Sigh. What do you do? He did start crying immediately (who wouldn't, scratches hurt, darn it!) but as soon as we took him into the bathroom to clean it up he saw himself in the mirror and started laughing. I am SO lucky I have a kiddo with a sense of humor. Hopefully if it scars he will still be laughing!
Here is the proof that he smiled that day!
Except this time Weston started falling off the bed. Mom jumps to the rescue and !VOILA! he is saved from hitting the floor very hard. (Our bed is pretty high) Oh wait, except he now has a huge long scratch down the center of his forehead OUCH! Jeff says at least I saved him the pain of hitting the floor...but I think that pain would be gone by now and instead he has a humongous scratch down the center of his face that everyone happens to stare at. Sigh. What do you do? He did start crying immediately (who wouldn't, scratches hurt, darn it!) but as soon as we took him into the bathroom to clean it up he saw himself in the mirror and started laughing. I am SO lucky I have a kiddo with a sense of humor. Hopefully if it scars he will still be laughing!
Here is the proof that he smiled that day!
(and his old carseat is his new favorite chair. He LOVES it and wants to sit in it as soon as he gets up. Go figure! Gotta Love kids!)
8 comments:
You have your own little Harry Potter!
Amy's comment is funny!
Hi, Nicole. You may not remember me. My name is Joy Clark-Smercak from SMHS class of 98. I see life is sweet. Maybe we can catch up sometime.
Joy Clark-Smercak
Ouch! He still looks cute! I think it will heal fine, but don't you know that chicks dig scars!
Ouch! Poor kid... I wish I could just see him laughing at the scratch in the mirror!! He is a real entertainer...
I would definitely say catch him. You gotta be willing to take outside/superficial damage rather than inside damage. Plus...in a weird twisted way, the scar is really cool.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I love all the pictures. Another darling BOY on the way... Congrats!! I love boys... You look great, beautiful, beautiful family:)
AMY G.
It really was worse in person, but it is healing great :) I think you did the right thing...how could you know he was going to get scratched? I don't think any of us would let our babies fall without trying to catch them. Love you!!
Post a Comment