I love President Hinckley. I already miss him more than I thought I would. As the prophet that I have known since youth, he has had an amazing impact on my life. His example is one that will last throughout my entire life. His unfailing optimism and love for ALL is something I hope to emmulate now and always. Thank you President Hinckley for changing my life and everyone's who was within the sound of your voice. Because of his example I have grown closer to my Savior. His testimony and witness helped to strengthen mine in times of trial. I am so grateful to have had such a leader and mentor.
Here is one of my favorite quotes by President Hinckley:
Here is one of my favorite quotes by President Hinckley:
“Stand a little taller and work a little harder and value a little greater the marvelous blessing which you have as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That membership will bring with it a strong and moving testimony of the divinity of the Son of God, the Savior of the world, the Lord Jesus Christ.
“You and I are sons and daughters of God, with something of divinity within us. Let us stand tall, my brothers and sisters. Let us live the gospel. Let us be busy in the Church. Let us learn of its doctrine. Let us feed upon its teachings. Let us grow in faith and faithfulness before the world” (meeting, Cairns, Australia, 26 Jan. 2000).
I happened upon this quote by President Hinckley today and it brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy for where he is and who he is with. He will be missed, but oh, what a reception he received on the other side!
“I know as surely as anything in this world that someday I shall die as to the life of this world. But I have an absolute certainty in my heart that I shall go on living and doing good and having the association of my beloved companion and my children” (meeting, Guayaquil, Ecuador, 31 July 1999).
5 comments:
I love President Hinckley and I'll never forget his influence on my life and on the whole world. I was sad...and still am...but I can't help but smile when I think of what he's experiencing right now. :) Love you!
I was shocked when I heard the news last night! He's been such an amazing prophet! But I know that he's very happy right now!
Thanks Nicole. Pres. Hinkley has impacted so many of us and will be missed. Sorry we missed seeing you, hope your trip goes well.
What a great prophet he was and an amazing life he led. A great example to us all. And now he is with his beloved wife!!!
I'm glad you posted this. He is an amazing man and prophet of God. And he is loved by so many of us! I'm so grateful to have the gospel and to know we have a living prophet on the earth...and that we always will.
Post a Comment