A loooong time ago I posted about different carriers. Which to get and such.
I'm here to finally report on that.
Moby Wrap: I tried to make my own- didn't quite work out. Maybe it works great if you like 5 or 6 yards of fabric wrapped around your body. Me and the baby...not so much. But I've heard tons of people love them, so let me know how to use them right.
Baby sling from Seven Slings: I bought this with Ryder and have loved it. I wore him in it tons when he was little. Technically you can wear them in it as they get bigger and even use it as a side carrier. For us it was perfect when he was newborn up until about 6 months. Since then he hasn't liked sitting in it or being squished in it.
Enter the Baby Bjorn.
Baby Bjorn: We have owned ours since Weston was born and gotten countless hours of use and enjoyment out of it. I LOVE how easy it is to wear and the kiddos love it too. We have worn them in it when they are just a few weeks old (facing inward) and then around 4 or so months face them outward. Right at about 9 months they start getting too big for me and I can't wear it very long without my back hurting. I think if you get the sport one with an extra strap to go around your waist it gives better support.
Now moving on to the Ergo!!
Ergo: We just received our Ergo in the mail today and so far I am in serious like. I can't say love because we did just get it today, afterall. But I can say that we tried it out with all three kiddos (upon their insistance) and so far I am super happy. I was able to carry Tave very comfortably on our walk and I could barely even feel Ryder in there! Weston is 32 lbs so of course I 'felt' that, but it wasn't bad at all. I haven't gone on a walk with West in it... so I can't say how that would be, but so far so good. I do love how evenly the weight is distributed across my waist and shoulders.
It has gotten incredible reviews and I am beyond thrilled to use it on my trips this summer. If you have the patience to wait for it to go on sale again at Babysteals it will be worth it. I paid a fraction of the cost, and while the color isn't my first choice, I am more than happy with my savings!!!
Hope this helps any of you out there looking for the perfect carrier for you. I could do a much more in depth review of each with the pros and cons and to let you know what weights/limits, etc they have if you are interested. Shoot me an email or leave a comment if you want more info!

2 comments:
awesome! i can't wait to try yours out :) so tave's head is looking tons better already. how many days ago did his owie happen?
Great reviews... too bad I'll never need a cute carrier again.
Um, you have probably been wondering where I was, and I've been wondering where you were (well you blog wasn't updating on my reader)! You switched over during our move and I just realized I wasn't following your new blog.
Any way... You have to ask your Hubby about my brother. Mathew is in one of his classes this semester. He's graduating this year and somehow your husbands name came up as his Seminary teacher (all good things!). It's such a small world! I hope you are all doing well!
Post a Comment