Do you KNOW what this is??!!!
(besides one dang cute Tave)
Yes, I am cloth diapering. Part time.
What- ME?! Yes, I AM crazy.
However...
Did you know the average child uses about 6,000 disposable diapers in 2.5 years?
This adds up to aprox. $1,600-$2,000 worth of diapers AND lots of waste in landfills.
I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty, I LOVE me those disposable diapers.
But I'm a little more than disgusted at the thought of what Weston's 3.5 years & Tave's 2.5 years worth of diapers are doing to our earth.
So I'm trying it out. I'm really excited about this and the potential cost savings it will have on our household.
Not to mention- they are just so stinkin cute on that bum.
AND they are oh-so-soft organic cotton. Really truly, I rubbed it on my face it was SO soft. (BEFORE they ever touched a naked bum)
And just so you don't think I'm completely off my rocker -
I am not cloth diapering the newborn. No way, uh-uh. In a few months when I have this whole cloth-diapering thing down (and he's not going through 12 diapers a day) we'll start.
Wish me luck.
ps. for those of you interested, these are the diapers I'm using. Jeff & I figured, if we stick to this, it cost us about $400 upfront, but we'll be using them on Tave until he's potty trained and then Ryder and then whoever else comes along. You figure out the math!
**I'll update periodically to let you know how it's going and the things we've learned about cloth diapering.**

10 comments:
Crazy! ;) I really admire you for trying cloth diapers. It is really gross when you think of how many disposable diapers kids go through...and the $ too. Good luck! You'll have to let me know how it goes. Such a cute Tave!
WOW! Good luck - I'm interested to see how it goes. Such a hard task, but a great one to try. It's so true about diapers filling up our landfills, so good job!!
Not crazy - smart!! Aside from washing them, I can't really see anything bad about them. good luck!
Make sure you let us know how it works out for you. Good luck!! Ryder is so adorably cute. Haven't talked to you in a long time. I'm glad everything is going so well for you guys. Let me know when you are up for some visitors and we would love to come and see your new guys...plus you haven't ever seen Andrew and he is almost 2. Gosh, it has been a long time! Good luck with everything and let me know if I can do anything for you!
woo woo go you! I think its great and yes You will save lots of moolah!
I have a friend/blog friend who uses only cloth diapers and I forget the formula she used for cleaning them but it works really well for her I wish I could find her blog link for it to share it with you. her little guy is over a year now
Yeah for cloth diapers! I use the bum genius ones with Brooklyn. They'll last her until she's potty trained! I did have to wait until she was a little older to wear them because they swallowed her whole when she was first born! I wash all of them every other day and I use the sanitary cycle on the washing machine. We still put her in a disposable at night, but I feel pretty good about how many diapers we're keeping out of landfills! Good luck with the new diapers!
Well, they look cuter and easier than what we put on our babies in Ecuador, so that's a start. :) Good luck!
way to go! i can't wait to learn how it goes for you and then i'm thinking we'll try it for our next (far far in the future ;)
Good job Nicole! Those diapers are sure a lot cuter and nicer than when I was using the good old fashioned pin on white ones! I love they way they fasten.
how is the cloth diapering going? i want to hear an update!
Post a Comment