Dear Weston,
This picture makes me smile every time I see it. It reminds me of all of the reasons I love you. First and foremost because you bring so much happiness and light into our home. You are always making us laugh and love being funny. You aren't afraid to get dirty and love to make a mess. You teach me that it's okay to play, to get messy, and to enjoy every minute.
I need you in my life and I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for giving you to us.
Today, you gave me a gift. You showed me that I am doing some things right as your mom.
Namely: that when I decided not to *push* you into potty-training, I made the right choice for you and me.
I decided to let you take the lead in this whole potty-training thing. Something that was really scary for you. (and for me!) You didn't really want to try and didn't like the toilet.
So we waited. And we talked about how cool it would be when you didn't wear diapers anymore and how you could use the big boy toilet when you were ready. And when I worried that I wasn't doing the right thing and that I should just start making you wear underwear and 'go', I made myself take a step back and just let you take your time.
And now you are ready.
You were SO excited to wear big-boy underwear today-
and you kept them dry ALL DAY long. You went to the bathroom all by yourself & were so excited that you didn't need help.
This was a really really big deal for you. And for us.
I love watching your newfound independence.
I love watching you discover who you are- your likes, dislikes, triumphs and joys.
I think I will need to remember in the future that we work pretty well as a team,
that sometimes the best way I can love and encourage you is to take a step back so you can take your own step forward.
It's a hard thing- learning to be a mom.
I am so glad I get to learn with you.
I love you, bud.
Love, Mom
Love, Mom
5 comments:
YAY Weston! So exciting for you and him both (and maybe a little bit sad for you now that your baby is a true Big Boy!). Hurray for independence!
That is awesome! And little boys look so cute in their little undies! Congratulations!
How cute!! Good job Weston!! That is a BIG accomplishment!!!
Way to go West! And I love this letter, Nic. I especially love where you talk about taking a step back "so that you can take your own step forward."
So important to remember!
I think Heavenly Father does the same for us.
Way to go West! And that was a beautiful way to put it Nicole. I'm oh so jealous. :)
Post a Comment