Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weston's Diego Birthday!

We had a wonderfully fun and awesome party for West while we were in Texas. But, of course, West just HAD to celebrate his birthday here at home also!! I was only too happy to do it. :) (and then next year we're starting the 'Even-year-only-birthday-parties')

Shar made his awesome awesome invitation. When we picked it up from Costco West just kept staring at it and saying 'Go Weston Go' How cute is he?! Thanks, Shar. You're great!!
Here is the set-up:
So cheap and easy!! The best part was that he LOVED it! It really felt like a rainforest with all of his stuffed animals and the vines or 'lines' as West would call them. I know you are all jealous of my cake-making skills. hehe. Weston loved it and that's all that matters!


The party-ers:
Thanks, everyone, for making it such a special and fun night!


Opening gifts:
My mom had left both boys' birthday presents here for when we got back from Texas. We waited to let them both open them the night of the party and Tave's ball toy was a HIT! They all had so much fun with it!!!


Blowing out the candles:


This year was so fun because I let Weston pick out EVERYTHING for his party. He wanted Chocolate cake and chocolate frosting (just like Uncle Johnny's) and bunny tracks ice cream. We also got to start the family tradition with him of choosing a favorite birthday cereal. He was a huge fan of that!!



After the party we took him out back to try his new t-ball set. He LOVED it and we have had so much fun playing lately!!



We sure loved celebrating our special special 3 year old again!
He is so much fun and an amazing part of our family.
We love you, West!!


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a fun party. Perfect for Weston! The invitation turned out really cute. Shar did a great job. I can't believe we have 3 year olds!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Happy birthday Weston. What an amazing cake. That is awesome.

The1stdaughter said...

Happy Birthday Weston! I can't believe he's already 3, time flies!

Ms. said...

How fun--I am all about the every other year party for sure too!

Shar said...

we had so much fun! We're glad we could come. I loved the decorations - you made it look so cute.

SO...any chance you can CROP my picture??? ack.

tory said...

Happy (late) Birthday Weston!

Amanda said...

What a fun fun party! I can't wait to show Cole the video. And we loved the invitation - of course, Cole did too! I'll call soon, we just got home late last night.

Shar said...

oh i love you forever now! thanks for cropping it :)