Monday, April 06, 2009

Blooming Button Giveaway #2


I know you all have been anxiously awaiting this giveaway...right?!
Well I hope so!!

One lucky winner will get their choice of any of the Newsboy or Newgirl caps in my shop OR they can choose colors to make a custom one all their own!!

Here are the rules...they are a little bit different than last time:

1. Check out my shop: www.bloomingbutton.etsy.com
2. Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite item and any other tips you may have...what you liked/didn't like, what I could do better, etc.
3. Give my shop a shoutout on your blog. It doesn't have to be a huge, long post..just something to get people checking out my shop. Word of mouth is the best advertising... and I will love you forever for helping me out. (If you don't have a blog, then please email 5 of your friends and tell me that you did in your comment!!)
4. IF you want my button - grab it and put it on your blog. You'll get an extra entry for having it. (but it's not required for an entry)
5. You have until Friday April 17th at 5 p.m. to enter. (My little bro. will be getting married right then, what a great day!!)

Thanks thanks and GOOD LUCK!!

So go. What are you waiting for?!! Have fun and happy browsing.

**Bottom far right picture courtesy of Cheapshots Photography. Check her out...she is awesome and affordable! She is also doing a fun giveaway this month!

20 comments:

April Austin said...

Your automated picker thing better pick me this time because I really want one of those hats!

nathan said...

ok so I posted it :) yay, I hope you get lots of business!
Ok...so tips? um, they look great! my favorite picture is the one of the little girl looking down...if you can do more like that! it really shows them off, looks so chic and doesn't have to show the identity of the babe.
ALso, have you thought of doing the fake flower one? OR are they really popular so you want to be different. I think those are so cute- but I don't see them out here at all, I can see them being done a lot out there? you know- like pull apart fake $1 store flowers?? hum. oh well.
That are so awesome! oh my favorite. Gee. For girls- I love the one meantioned above. for boys...cause I would really like Jack to have one- I like the brown with tan, and the bright stripes...and.. like them all. If I actually win then I might have some problems narrowing it down :)

Amanda said...

You have done a great job! I love the brown hat Tave is wearing with the green/blue stripe around it. I'm so proud of you!

lnkmom said...

Love it Nicole!!!

My faves are by far the hats (but the button bouquets are darling too...if we ever have a new home I'll buy one for the girls room!).

I love your crochet flowers, but like the idea of BIG/Oversized "fake" flowers too (I've seen some darling headbands on etsy with them!).

Nicole said...

I'll have to take a picture of a hat with a fake flower...Shar and I put one on a hat and we couldn't decide what we thought. The fake combo with the crocheting...i don't know. I need some opinions... And the flowers were made to go on the hats...and they are cute on bags too. I don't think I'd put them on a headband..just not my fav. Okay, there is way too much info for anyone who cares to read. :)

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I WISH Erica liked hats. These are amazing. I'm definitely putting a post up about these. From this picture, my favorite is the brown hat with the blue stripe. I think it helps that the model is super cute too.

Noelle said...

Nice work Nicole!!! These are super cute. I'm very impressed with your crochet skills. My favorite hats are the solid colored ones. I love the crocheted flowers for girls and the stripe for boys. I agree the cheapshots photo is great and displays your product well. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job! The hats are very unique and adorable! I especially like the solid beige color girl hat with brown trim and plum color flower attached. I wish I could have one of those....

The Prettymans said...

Your creations are so fun! You are very talented! I do love the hats...the only suggestion I have is...it would be helpful when ordering to know what size of hat each child is wearing in the pictures. At lesat for me, it would help me be able to tell what size would fit my kiddos :)

Sharla said...

Wow! It looks great! I love the newsboy hats. I think my favorite is the brown and blue one that Tave is wearing. The girls' version is way cute too. I noticed on another blog a cute flower to clip on. I know you said you weren't sure about silk flowers, this one is made with felt. Here are the posts about it: http://maggab.blogspot.com/2008/11/and-winner-is.html and http://maggab.blogspot.com/2008/11/showers-of-all-sorts.html

Marlene McGarrity said...

I love the hats. They are absolutely adorable!

The only thing I would do a little differently is for the newsgirl hats, give one flower with the hat and raise the price to cover it. If people want to buy additional flowers, they can.

How about a white hat with a black border? Or a real girly pink hat - Light pink with a dark pink edge? Or light pink with a green edge? Or even a baby yellow hat for a newborn as you make sizes 0-6

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I love the little boy hat that is navy blue and the multi colored girl hat. I really love them all, actually. I've already told a few friends about them and I'll give you a shoutout on my blog. I want one of those hats!! :) Look at how far you've come from making cute little blankets for our babies in Ecuador.

Lori said...

Everything's looking great! I'm pretty sure addie is going to need a pink and brown newsgirl hat. I dont see any on there yet, but that would be our request.

As for tips, I'd definitely include the projected centimeter or inch measurements for each approximated age range. For future projects, perhaps start offering matching scarves?!

You have a shoutout in my last blog post, and there's also a button in my sidebar. Best of luck.

Ms. said...

Have you ever done little girl boleros? I think they would be adorable! I love the flower clips. Also I think one nice thing would be to make big sizes--my kid has a huge head and we could never find hats that fit him

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I love the little girl hats and I wish I had a girl to put a hat on!! The boy ones are really cute too, but there is just something about those cute little flowers...anyway, I also really like the button bouquets too. I can't tell which is my favorite because I like it all. Sorry that I am not much help.
I am with you on the fake flowers. I'm not sure if I would like it or not. Maybe you could post a picture of it. I do like the matching scarf idea. I think that would be super cute.
I have your button and I am putting a shout out for you on my blog right now!! Good luck!

Annie said...

The button is on my website and I NEED one of those beanies for my girls!! So so cute and the buttons are so cute too. I love your etsy shot and I hope that it goes so well for you!

Allison said...

So, I probably shouldn't enter this giveaway since I won the last one, but I can't help myself. I love the newsboy cap and would love to get one for Gavin! They're so adorable!
I agree with someone else on adding a flower to the girls hats and raise the price to cover it. If they want to purchase additional flowers then they can.

Holman Family said...

I would love a beanie for caiya! Soo cute!! with a pink flower! thanks, good luck.

Ammon & Liz Ashby said...

Hey Nicole! Hope I am not too late. On your reminder post it said 5:30 and on the actual post it said 5pm. So if I am too late that is alright I was planning on purchasing one from your shop...but I thought I would give it a try!
I think your shop looks great! The pictures are great...very clear...excellent descriptions. Very well organized. Great Job! I really can't think of anything that needs improvement. I am very impressed.

ashley marie said...

I'm totally bummed because I missed the second giveaway too! :(
Oh well, I wanted to let you know that I think the hats are darling. I really like just the solid colors for boy, or maybe with one stripe of color. The girls one's are so cute and I love the crocheted flower. Maybe you could turn the flower into a clip so that they could wear the hat with or without it or even just wear the clip when it starts to get warmer. Good luck selling!!