Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bean Museum

Day One of Spring Break!

We took Weston to the Monte L. Bean museum on Tuesday. It was fun to get out and show him some cool animals up close. I have been to this museum countless times with Giant Steps and I am always a litle sad that these animals are all dead and stuffed. I was this time too. It's kind of bizarre to walk around with all these animals that could kill you in the wild. I really don't like when they make them look vicious and mean, like the wolf is growling at YOU and ready to bite. Kind of freaky. Luckily Weston doesn't know that these WERE alive and now are not. He just thought they were cool. And hey, it's free, so why not enjoy a little bit of nature, right?!




For those who've never been, this cool butterfly collage is made of real butterflies. It was my favorite part of the museum!


This was Weston's favorite part: the FISH and shells of course!


Here he is roaring at the lion. What a cute kid we have!! Overall, the day was very fun!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'm loving that butterfly display. Back home they had a butterfly exhibit every year where thousands of butterflies flew around you. Kind of scary, but so fun for little kids. They loved it! Enjoy your Spring Break!!

Jonathan and Carley said...

I am glad you were able to see some animals- even if they are not at the zoo and are not alive! It looks like Weston loved it! Oh and you look amazing in your pregnancy pics. I cant believe you are so close to the end and that things are progressing. That is so exciting! Talk to you soon.

Stephanie said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I think it is funny I've never been there and I live/lived so close. We will have to go there sometime. Thanks for the fun idea.

Amanda said...

That looks like such a neat place. I'm sure Cole would love it too. It looks like Weston loved the animals! And I love the hat- did he really keep it on?!?

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

We need to take Jack there. I use to take my nephew there all the time when they lived in Provo. He loved it. I can't believe I haven't taken Jack yet. I'm glad you had fun!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

You look WAY too GOOD to be due in almost 2 weeks. Good luck. Our new little one is almost weeks old and it seems like she (Madison) was just barely born. It goes faster and faster with each child...sigh....