Monday, July 30, 2012

Our Home!

While I was away in MO, we moved.
It was cRaZy!!!  But we had people moving in to rent our townhome in a few days and the closing kept getting put off a week, 2 weeks, 3, 4, etc. So Jeff jumped on it the minute we could.  
People say I got off lucky by being gone, but packing an entire family/household up and packing for a trip, lining up sitters for while I was gone, then having to cancel when kids are sick, re-line up sitters for different days, etc etc, was such a stress! I cannot thank everyone enough who helped us out. Truly you were heaven-sent and we feel so blessed to have such good friends.

As for our home, 
we feel so incredibly blessed to have been able to buy this house. We love it and love turning it into a home. 
We have a wonderful neighborhood and live so close to our church and school. 
 We hope that all our friends and family will know how welcome they are.  
We have an open door. ANY time. 


Welcome to our home. Today you'll get to see the downstairs...I have a little work to do upstairs for it to be picture ready!

looking from the front door into the house. 
to the right is the living room, just past that the stairs, and straight ahead is the family room. The door you see goes down to the (unfinished) basement.

Living room:

 Looking at the front door/entry from the family room:

Stairs off the entry:


Right across from the stairs is the mudroom and powder room. (halfbath)  This room is the first project we've started! We put in shelves/cubbies and will add hooks for backpacks. I wanted this room functional asap!  

 Family Room (looking from mudroom door)

Family room (looking from the kitchen)

If you walk straight through the mudroom you'll run into the laundry room.  It's not the most organized place yet, but it's spacious and I love it:

Pretty much I love my entire house. But I have a special spot in my heart for my pantry:

Dining room & Kitchen (looking from the family room)
To the right of the kitchen is the sliding door going into the backyard.

Pics of backyard, garage, and upstairs in the works. :)

Thanks for taking a peek!!  I'll also try to share more as I get things decorated. I'm going to start some of DIY projects...so we'll see how they turn out!
We hope you'll come visit us soon!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

How great is all that space?! I'm just dying over the pantry. I could fill that up in a second! So so happy for you guys - no one has deserved a house more than you.

Amanda said...

I just love it. All of it!! I cannot even express how happy I am for you guys. And how deserved all that space is for you!

lnkmom said...

Happy New Home!!!! How exciting (and stressful) that must be!

I love you mud room & your pantry, they are so big! It's amazing what you get excited over when you have a family to take care of!